List Of 2008 Shows (Open Class)

Guest Myusik4Jakassez

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Myusik4Jakassez
Beatrix': The City

Music from the movies Face Off and Hannibal, and the song Mr. Bojangles by Sammy Davis Jr.

Wow, thanks for the details! I've honestly been more anxious about learning this show than any other (except the Raiders, of course :tongue: ).

It's good that div 2 and 3 became Open Class. Now the class can be more competitive. :tongue:

It's good that div 2 and 3 became Open Class. Now the class can be more competitive. :tongue:

Really?

Can the old Div3 corps realistically compete with the old Div2 corps?

Has there ever been a case where a Div3 corps placed in the top three at finals?

Given the same execution level, doesn't a larger corps get the nod, score-wise?

I always thought it was good to give the smaller corps individual awards to strive for, and now that has been taken away.

I wish they would have fixed the "super-duper grand final etc.." classifications and still have individual awards.

My opinion......there should be MORE opportunities for recognition, not less.......

Or were you being sarcastic? It's SO hard to tell these days....

Edited by OMH

Guest Myusik4Jakassez
Really?

Can the old Div3 corps realistically compete with the old Div2 corps?

Has there ever been a case where a Div3 corps placed in the top three at finals?

Given the same execution level, doesn't a larger corps get the nod, score-wise?

I always thought it was good to give the smaller corps individual awards to strive for, and now that has been taken away.

I wish they would have fixed the "super-duper grand final etc.." classifications and still have individual awards.

My opinion......there should be MORE opportunities for recognition, not less.......

Or were you being sarcastic? It's SO hard to tell these days....

There is some truth in what you say, but I think it's because Divisions II and III used different scoring charts. There was an incident with the Raiders at Prelims where they accidentally scored us with a Division III chart instead of the appropriate Division II chart, which resulted in our surprising 80 when it should have been much higher. From what I know, the guy who made that mistake got fired instantly, and we still made it to Finals regardless.

EDIT (marimbaman89 sent this to me in a PM): Actually, there was only one sheet for both divisions when it was Div II/III and not open class. The judge made the mistake of resetting the scores as if there were different sheets and Div II was supposed to be scored much harder, which is why we lost to everyone but a few corps in brass in prelims.

Edited by Myusik4Jakassez

Nevermind. Anyway, I can't wait to find out shows over the next few months!

Edited by marimbaman89

Guest Myusik4Jakassez
I don't think Northern Lights will have a corps...I think the new ECJ guy was the one starting NL

You absolutely sure about this? I'll take them off the list, but I was really looking forward to seeing them.