List Of 2008 Shows (Open Class)

Guest Myusik4Jakassez

It doesn't appear from their websites that any of these are fielding a corps for competition in open class.

RENAISSANCE

STEEL TOWN BRASS (Bandettes)

KINGSMEN/STARCORPS UCHACHOS

i'm pretty sure that the kingsmen starcorps won't be. I'm from anaheim, and have filled out and sent the thing on their website so they could tell me more info. on how to join, but no answer. Their site hasn't been updated in like, forever either.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't appear from their websites that any of these are fielding a corps for competition in open class.

RENAISSANCE

STEEL TOWN BRASS (Bandettes)

KINGSMEN/STARCORPS UCHACHOS

I am a member of Steel Town Brass. we are aiming to be a field corps this season, we just need the members. So come march them us this summer, and be a part of history.

There is some truth in what you say, but I think it's because Divisions II and III used different scoring charts. There was an incident with the Raiders at Prelims where they accidentally scored us with a Division III chart instead of the appropriate Division II chart, which resulted in our surprising 80 when it should have been much higher. From what I know, the guy who made that mistake got fired instantly, and we still made it to Finals regardless.

EDIT (marimbaman89 sent this to me in a PM): Actually, there was only one sheet for both divisions when it was Div II/III and not open class. The judge made the mistake of resetting the scores as if there were different sheets and Div II was supposed to be scored much harder, which is why we lost to everyone but a few corps in brass in prelims.

Someone probally caught this. But Div 2/3 is scored on the same exact sheets. No difference.

And yes, there have been years where div 3 have placed in the top 3 of both division. ECJ/Mandains, highest 2 scores in 97 followed by the entire div 2 class. Memphis Sound this year placed top 3 or 4. Revolution 02 was up there. Blue stars 03 was up there. There's a couple more.

I think Racine is playing selections from Frank Sinatra.

Someone probally caught this. But Div 2/3 is scored on the same exact sheets. No difference.

And yes, there have been years where div 3 have placed in the top 3 of both division. ECJ/Mandains, highest 2 scores in 97 followed by the entire div 2 class. Memphis Sound this year placed top 3 or 4. Revolution 02 was up there. Blue stars 03 was up there. There's a couple more.

Memphis got 5th overall.

• 2 weeks later...