Teal Sound Audition Weekend Report

randyb

Just a quick recap on the weekend auditions for the Teal Sound.

The weekend was a great success starting on Friday evening with the culmination of the 2007 season at the Awards Banquet. The dinner was excellent and the best part of it all was watching the year in pictures and remembering the time we all had together.

Top awards to note:

David Polkowski - Director's Award

Thomas Baker - Trevor Jones Scholarship Award

The auditions that began on Saturday morning were attended by more than 170 potential candidates for the 2008 corps. This was by far the highest level of talent that the corps has ever seen and the decisions that had to be made at the end of the weekend to let some go were very tough for sure.

The hornline learned the first part of this year's opener and also a very cool Stevie Wonder medley.

The percussion section was jamming by Saturday evening and had learned the new version of this year's street beat and also parts to the Stevie Wonder tune.

The color guard spent the better part of the weekend working through movement and equipment technique and all were impressed with their new Guard caption head, Budd Williams and the staff.

The corps wrapped up the weekend with it's version of "Show and Teal" by presenting US Marine Corps Staff Sargent, David Moore, 6 large boxes of toys that were collected by the attending members for the "Toys for Teal" drive. Following the presentation each section of the corps showed what they had been working on over the weekend. Even though the weather was a little on the chilly side outside, Teal warmed up the crowd inside by playing the first minute and a half of this year's opener, "Frost" and then moved into a great arrangement of 3 of Stevie Wonder's top charts. As an added bonus, the horns learned the musical Christmas Card that will be shared with all on the Teal Sound website within the next week.

Teal is off to it's best start ever and all are excited on entering the corps 10th Anniversary season.

... Teal is off to it's best start ever and all are excited on entering the corps 10th Anniversary season.

Good to hear!

I think it is nice touch to start off your audition weekend with your awards banquet.

I applaud everyone at Teal Sound for your generosity ...

"The corps wrapped up the weekend with it's version of "Show and Teal" by presenting US Marine Corps Staff Sargent, David Moore, 6 large boxes of toys that were collected by the attending members for the "Toys for Teal" drive."

Thanks for the mini "Show and Teal" for us all. :thumbup:

Great banquet on Friday night. Wish Megan and I got there a little earlier for the beginning of the food buffet :) ( But thats I-4 traffic !! ) however there was still plenty of food and dessert left !!

Slide show was great , but the highlight of the night was watching the video of the corps' finals performance ..SIMPLY AWESOME !!!! Teal Sound came along way from what I saw in April to that BRONZE MEDALIST PERFORMANCE in Pasadena... it was a very emotional night.. CONGRATS AGAIN!

Thanks for the floor space Friday night! However, next time I will make sure I am on the opposite side of the room from Charlie !!!!!! lol

Looking forward to more great things from Jacksonville..

Edited by hurcwave