Bluecoats '08 Guard

Just in case they do try a boxing glove section, one needs to only look back to 2007 and see how the handcuff flag work, all but ruined the guards first two minutes on the field. For an effective that could not be seen 5 feet from the guard itself. The handcuffs were a "shot in their own foot" and tore up the first few minutes of their guard performance.

I saw this play out from a few feet away, while I sat with some of the biggest names in colorguard to date. We all had the same comments.

Wow. "A few feet away" huh? And you "sat with some of the biggest names in colorguard to date." ?

The last time I checked, the front side line to the first row of bleachers is anywhere between 20 and 40 feet away from the front sideline. And I'm pretty sure the "the biggest names in colorguard to date" don't bother to show up all together until finals week.

So, I guess the question is, are you a judge, or are you just full of ****?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. "A few feet away" huh? And you "sat with some of the biggest names in colorguard to date." ?

The last time I checked, the front side line to the first row of bleachers is anywhere between 20 and 40 feet away from the front sideline. And I'm pretty sure the "the biggest names in colorguard to date" don't bother to show up all together until finals week.

Off the field, warm up, Rose Bowl, South West side of the bowl. We had a nice long look at Coats at the close of their season.

Bluecoats stood next to Crown, and Cavies guard was just North of Crown.

And to help answer your last question... shove in your Bluecoats DVD, turn off the sound and just view the guard. You may draw your own conclusion. I have.

No, I am not a judge, I'm just an old Detective, who happened to have dinner and drinks with a few adjudicators and some old dudes I marched with who have recent gold metals in world guards.

Edited by Cop

Just in case they do try a boxing glove section, one needs to only look back to 2007 and see how the handcuff flag work, all but ruined the guards first two minutes on the field. For an effective that could not be seen 5 feet from the guard itself. The handcuffs were a "shot in their own foot" and tore up the first few minutes of their guard performance.

OMG - I was on tour with Coats for two weeks as a volunteer and didn't even know they had used cuffs until now.

By the way, I noticed you tend to use a lot of profanity in your past POSTs to get your message across... Try to relax and have a more open conversation without being so vulgar. It will help you establish a more open dialog.

OMG - I was on tour with Coats for two weeks as a volunteer and didn't even know they had used cuffs until now.

Right?

I was standing close to the guard running this first section and I thought that they had weighted their polls with "BOLTS" and assumed they were clanking in the flag polls. After a few minutes I realized the guard was hand-cuffed. I thought, If I can't see it form this close, who in the stadium will know how hard this section truly is???? I wanted to say, "There is still time to take them out of the show, it will only help you!"

Anyone else see the show and not know the guard was handcuffed?

And to help answer your last question... shove in your Bluecoats DVD, turn off the sound and just view the guard. You may draw your own conclusion. I have.

No, I am not a judge, I'm just an old Detective, who happened to have dinner and drinks with a few adjudicators and some old dudes I marched with who have recent gold metals in world guards.

i thought they were fantastic and incredibly clean, especially considering the difficulty of their work. they had much more exposure in their ensemble work, as well as much harder drill than many other colorguards that scored comparably to them.

i dont know if the handcuffs were visible from far away but at the least i thought it was a pretty cool/admirable concept that'd be impressive for people who saw it. the 'storyline' in the show was far from linear and there are plenty of moments where i have no clue what's supposed to be going on, but the inclusion of the handcuffs (and them being broken off at the end of the opener) was one part that definitely made sense in the context of the program.

an old detective? do you look anything like this?

519D81XY41L._SS500_.jpg

I observed much of Bluecoats November 07 Ohio camp.

I can however intelligently comment on the horn line: Throw babies into the air, WOW! :tongue:

Thanks. Try not to hit the euphonium section with your babies please.

I wouldn't be opposed to a little girl-on-girl action.
Handcuff flag work

:w00t::w00t: