rifle and saber?

phoenixfire

I loved J&S Sabres, I could catch the crap out of a six on one. And then we tried out excalibur and I sucked on one, and then king and it was 'okay' but still not as great as j&s.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sabre

Invest the extra money for the KING.

RIFLE

From what I knew. George Miller's other son was taking back the company from his brother and bringing the "REAL" Ultimate's back. go here for more information

http://georgemillerandsons.com/index.html

That's great to hear, but I've heard it before. Until it actually happens, i won't hold my breath!

PS -- just read the website, sounds like someone very angry, but at least they can spell better than the other son! Believe it or not, that goes a long way with me.

PPS-- so, do Premier Rifles really violate a Do Not Compete clause of a contract? To the best of my knowledge, the Premier Rifle company wasn't established until the original Millers and Sons went out of business.

You know, a while back I read a snippit somewhere (wish I could remember if it was on the Premiere site or the Miller site) and it was really angry sounding.

I wondered the same thing about the Do Not Compete clause because the Ultimates were not in production when the Premiers came out. So, if they weren't around, were they competing? My answer is no. And now, Ultimate is coming back out, so aren't they in violation?

In any case, I got to be really unhappy with the Ultimates. While they were better than the Elites (hated with a passion-tiny necks and very weak and broke easily even when taped like mad), the batches of Ultimates I ordered always took forever to receive, and the batches were not weighted similar. In one batch of 9, I had from extremely heavy to featherweight. I could not understand why they let that happen. I did not specify any specific weight, but still. .

I switched to premier's and the first batch of rifles, and they were all so similar in weight. They have lasted just as long as the ultimates, and have had no issues with them. I have ordered at least 2-3 times from Premier and have had the same experiences-similar weight rifles and good quality long lasting rifles.

Will I go back to the Ultimates? probably not, because I want to make sure his "new material" is not too good to be true. I'll let others try them first and then get some feedback. But, I'm happy with the premiere's and don't have any reason to switch.

Ok I have a quick question. Which type of rifle is better Elite or Spinz and what size 36 or 39? I have no clue. As for the saber what brand and size do I need...I am just starting out on saber as soon as I get one. Thanks for the helping!!

The Ultimate rifle is better. They are back in production and can be found at www.reedsandthings.com/ultrifles.

Their sabers will be back in production in the next month or so as well.

Ok I have a quick question. Which type of rifle is better Elite or Spinz and what size 36 or 39? I have no clue. As for the saber what brand and size do I need...I am just starting out on saber as soon as I get one. Thanks for the helping!!

Go with the Ultimate rifle. They are back in production. You can find them at www.reedsandthings.com/utlrifles

The 36" and 39" are both in stock.

That's great to hear, but I've heard it before. Until it actually happens, i won't hold my breath!

PS -- just read the website, sounds like someone very angry, but at least they can spell better than the other son! Believe it or not, that goes a long way with me.

PPS-- so, do Premier Rifles really violate a Do Not Compete clause of a contract? To the best of my knowledge, the Premier Rifle company wasn't established until the original Millers and Sons went out of business.

The gentleman making the premier rifles was contracted to make the Ultimate rifles for a few years. Once they brought production back in house he still had their equipment and began making his own rifles. Ultimate rifles are back in full production and can be found at www.reedsandthings.com/utlrifles

I always hear good things about King sabres, but what about King rifles? How do they compare?

my director has always gotten us kings and they're really nice. theyre decently priced and last a long time. we practice on concrete for fall season and my rifle held up well. weights vary a little but not that bad. I've had two 36" and a 38. they tend to break in the neck when they break but they last a long time. most of our team still have our rifles in fairly good condition and we got them in the middle of July all the way through now. tape seems to be a must though. i personally love the king brand :thumbup: