Sleeper

Bear in mind that Madison lost 20% of its Color Guard to age-outs this year, PLUS they need to add 10 new members to reach the desired 40. That means they need 16 new Guard members minimum, before any normal attrition. AND they're all male, so there's a smaller pool to draw from when recruiting. In our region, it's rare to see even one male on a high school color guard. None of this recruiting means that Madison is "struggling" as some are implying on this forum.

Madison has struggled almost every year this decade to maintain a high quality guard. That includes the Sal/Michael years which were better than the years preceding them and last year.

Edited by Tom Brace

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so much emotion in your post/ we sure bring that out of people/ how do you know we are offering dues cuts and what due you mean when you post - offering dues cuts mr no it all? mabye were going to be giving all 46 guard members a free ride this summer oh did i say 46, did i say free, mabye i am mr now it all!!!!!!! if your not here you dont know my pick is madison not only most improved agian/ but in my day tv was priority- here we come, GO MADISON

ok..that is really good...texting from a phone like that.

know is spelled with a K

the dues cuts being offered for guard members is on MADISON'S FREAKIN' WEBSITE. It was also posted on DCP somewhere. And when I see 46 Madison guard members take the field, then you get to have the title of Mr. Know-It-All. Not until then.

I think Crown will rise up. They had and always will have an awesome hornline. If they fix up there percussion, they can probably break the Top 3.

I think Crown will rise up. They had and always will have an awesome hornline. If they fix up there percussion, they can probably break the Top 3.

Going from what.. 15th in 2006 to 5th in 2007 in percussion wasn't good enough? Do you need to win a title to be considered a good percussion section or what? I thought the staff and members did a tremendous job this summer, what a step up from 2006.

Bear in mind that Madison lost 20% of its Color Guard to age-outs this year, PLUS they need to add 10 new members to reach the desired 40. That means they need 16 new Guard members minimum, before any normal attrition. AND they're all male, so there's a smaller pool to draw from when recruiting. In our region, it's rare to see even one male on a high school color guard. None of this recruiting means that Madison is "struggling" as some are implying on this forum.

Perhaps they need to add some female guard members... maybe they can do The Carmen Project Part Dos and have 16 female guard members, not as actual members of course, but as "guests" or whatever the creative terminology was that they used to justify the use of a female member in their show.

ok..that is really good...texting from a phone like that.

know is spelled with a K

the dues cuts being offered for guard members is on MADISON'S FREAKIN' WEBSITE. It was also posted on DCP somewhere. And when I see 46 Madison guard members take the field, then you get to have the title of Mr. Know-It-All. Not until then.

did you say freaking on here that is awesom/ or is that friken like chickin

IIRC, their brass is what held them back. Brass performance came in 7th. Percussion was definitely there last year.

Glassmen will crack top 7

Spirit will crack top 10.