Sleeper

I would hardly call a 19.2 in brass performance lacking. Scores for all corps were insanely high last year. If the top 7 corps can break 19 in brass performance, then I would hardly say they held them back. 19.2 is a very high score whether you're in 7th or 3rd.

It is not that it is bad. It's just that that was their lowest caption. To say that their percussion needs to be fixed means that they are the lowest scoring caption.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I'm hearing...Spirit is going to need a few more horn players first.

From what I saw of BK's Nov camp :w00t: , low hornline numbers are not uncommon this winter at the non-top 7 corps. Now that corps like Bluecoats are starting their cuts, the 8-16 corps will see an influx of people in the hornlines.

As I previously posted, Blue Stars and Crossmen should both be much improved. Blue Stars new visual force of Kevin Ford and Michael Shapiro should fix some major visual and guard issues they had last year (heard they've already attracted quite a few members from Boston), and Crossmen's staff should be much better this year with a full season of DCI under their belt. Heard their numbers have been very strong so far, with very good talent levels as well.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing what Madison brings this year as well. I really miss their former attitude. I hope their new staff can bring it back :w00t: .

It is not that it is bad. It's just that that was their lowest caption. To say that their percussion needs to be fixed means that they are the lowest scoring caption.

Caption scores are not always indicative of which section is the strongest. Crown's brass was not a weakness for them at all, and I don't think any judge out there would consider their brass section as a weak link either.

Caption scores are not always indicative of which section is the strongest. Crown's brass was not a weakness for them at all, and I don't think any judge out there would consider their brass section as a weak link either.

that's not what he is saying.

he's saying if we're talking about scores, Crown's brass was the lowest placing caption for the corps, not the percussion.

He's not saying that Crown's brass was bad, or that their brass is the weak link.

~>conner

that's not what he is saying.

he's saying if we're talking about scores, Crown's brass was the lowest placing caption for the corps, not the percussion.

He's not saying that Crown's brass was bad, or that their brass is the weak link.

~>conner

Really?

IIRC, their brass is what held them back. Brass performance came in 7th. Percussion was definitely there last year.

Really?

you didn't do anything to prove me wrong.

~>conner

Bluecoats could maybe crack the top 3 this year

And I think its entirely possible for the Blue Stars, Madison, or The Academy to slip their way into final before the season is through

Bluecoats are NOT going to crack top 3 this year. You Bloo-bug-a-boos say that every year. The Bluecoats blow.

Bluecoats are NOT going to crack top 3 this year. You Bloo-bug-a-boos say that every year. The Bluecoats blow.

*Grabs popcorn in wait of Posts of Destruction soon to be aimed at your poor soul*