Next Corps to Break Into Top 12

This post only proves that you can basically use any rationale to make any sort of argument about who is going to be and in and out of finals in 2008. Hornline size, horn book quality, past records of instructors, early season scores, even uniform colors are being used by people to support their argument. The fact remains - we won't know who's in finals until August of 2008. And anyone who's trying to make a real, tenable, concrete argument for one corps or another in January is wasting their time.

Really? I thought so and so that is gonna play so and so and wear so and so is a lock.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This post only proves that you can basically use any rationale to make any sort of argument about who is going to be and in and out of finals in 2008. Hornline size, horn book quality, past records of instructors, early season scores, even uniform colors are being used by people to support their argument. The fact remains - we won't know who's in finals until August of 2008. And anyone who's trying to make a real, tenable, concrete argument for one corps or another in January is wasting their time.

No...we are wasting your time.

But, unless they change that hideous design, I won't pay attention to anything else they do. It's THAT distracting.

And fixing it is so simple. Just have everyone wear what the bass drummers wear. See....simple.

That uniform was an issue, by the way. It showed a lot of the dirt when turning, changing directions, etc.

I agree with some of what you're saying about the uniform, but I've heard just as many people say they love it as hate it. One thing is for sure, Blue Stars didn't miss Saturday night last year because of the uniforms.

• 4 months later...
I thought the end of the Firebird was a bad treatment...sounded like the end of a Wayne Newton Las Vegas act. Stavinsky was rolling in his grave...which probably through the guard off now that I think about it. No...it wasn't bass drums you heard...it was Stravinsky rolling.

Hey Tom,

Wasn't the end of the Blue Stars '07 show a mix of Firebird and Swan Lake? I believe the section you are talking about is a direct quote from the Finale from Swan Lake, one of the greatest pieces of the Romantic Era. If you were/are truly unaware of that and thought it was Firebird(per your post), then YOU have Tchaikovsky rolling in HIS grave. Please attend Music History 101 before you reply.

By the way, you have been listening to WAY too much Wayne Newton to compare him to Tchaikovsky.

Edited by corpssaavy

Hey Tom,

Wasn't the end of the Blue Stars '07 show a mix of Firebird and Swan Lake? I believe the section you are talking about is a direct quote from the Finale from Swan Lake, one of the greatest pieces of the Romantic Era. If you were/are truly unaware of that and thought it was Firebird(per your post), then YOU have Tchaikovsky rolling in HIS grave. Please attend Music History 101 before you reply.

By the way, you have been listening to WAY too much Wayne Newton to compare him to Tchaikovsky.

It was Firebird and it was a lousy arrangement. <-----that was a period by the way. <------lookie another...added for emphasis

end of Blue Stars 07 show...me no likee.

I'm thinking Academy will be the first corps to make finals (that hasn't before). They have made a lot of significant changes from last year, and are really stepping it up. They've got alot of talent in their staff and members. Seeing the changes they've made for this year and considering how close they were last year, I'd give them the nod.

I'm thinking Academy will be the first corps to make finals (that hasn't before). They have made a lot of significant changes from last year, and are really stepping it up. They've got alot of talent in their staff and members. Seeing the changes they've made for this year and considering how close they were last year, I'd give them the nod.

Academy might make it in... but not before Bluestars IMO.

The have been on fire this offseason and I think they have the best chance of making it in. Great show, lots of talent, huge guard (40), and an improved drum line. The Academy may be better, but they are going to have improved corps like Madison and Bluestars to compete against.

It is possible, but it wont be easy....

It was Firebird and it was a lousy arrangement. <-----that was a period by the way. <------lookie another...added for emphasis

end of Blue Stars 07 show...me no likee.

Ummm...before you reply and humiliate yourself further, go back to Music History 101, and listen to the Swan Lake Finale. You may not like the last 2 minutes of the Blue Stars 07 show (and that is fine), but please don't comment on a subject to which you are ignorant. Again, Music History 101.

I "vote" you listen before you speak.

Ummm...before you reply and humiliate yourself further, go back to Music History 101, and listen to the Swan Lake Finale. You may not like the last 2 minutes of the Blue Stars 07 show (and that is fine), but please don't comment on a subject to which you are ignorant. Again, Music History 101.

I "vote" you listen before you speak.

And I vote that we stop insulting people and get back on topic!!!

Academy and Blue Stars....IN

Colts and Spirit...OUT