Spokane Thunder Announce 2008 Program

Spokane Thunder is Pleased to Announce it’s 2008 Program:

ANTITHESIS

Relying heavily on the idea of contrast, Antithesis is a nine-minute aural landscape,weaving in and out of darkness and light. This original composition by Nick Golding and Jeffrey Willis uses extended tertian harmonies, elements of pandiatonicism, and traditional western harmonies to create a juxtaposition of the wide and opposing spectrum of emotions that exist within the human psyche. We hope you enjoy our 2008 production, and look forward to performing it at a stadium near you!

Check out this and more new staff at-

Spokane Thunder Website

... uses extended tertian harmonies, elements of pandiatonicism, and traditional western harmonies...

I was just lamenting with my old-timer friends that drum corps had gotten away from extended tertian harmonies, elements of pandiatonicism, and traditional western harmonies. Thank heavens the Spokane Thunder will be bringing this back to the football field.

Should be a great year! I'm excited!

:tongue: :tongue: :smile::worthy::ph34r:

I see this as a huge step up in the pretentiousness race.

Forget about learning to play, march, & spin better- THIS is the pathway to success.

Based on the program announcement I anticpate being torn between going for a hot dog or to the mens room with my human psyche connecting the synapse gap.

I was just lamenting with my old-timer friends that drum corps had gotten away from extended tertian harmonies, elements of pandiatonicism, and traditional western harmonies. Thank heavens the Spokane Thunder will be bringing this back to the football field.

Well, now we know why there isn't more news posted here by open-class units....

Agreed! It never ceases to amaze me how some that would claim to love this activity could/would be so discouraging to others involved. There is more than enough negativity around - Wouldn't it be great if the "egos" would consider perpetuating the positive or if unable to - walk away quietly... :w00t:

Edited by allaboutthejourney

Spokane Thunder is Pleased to Announce it’s 2008 Program:

ANTITHESIS

Relying heavily on the idea of contrast, Antithesis is a nine-minute aural landscape,weaving in and out of darkness and light. This original composition by Nick Golding and Jeffrey Willis uses extended tertian harmonies, elements of pandiatonicism, and traditional western harmonies to create a juxtaposition of the wide and opposing spectrum of emotions that exist within the human psyche. We hope you enjoy our 2008 production, and look forward to performing it at a stadium near you!

Check out this and more new staff at-

Spokane Thunder Website

Will we get the chance to see the corps this year....In Spokane..??

our high school marching band won the SC state championship with our show Antithesis this past year.

We wove Profanation from Jeremiah Symphony, Bieble's Ave Maria, and Balthazar's Feast into one 8 minute show. It was a great show, with tons of possibilities.

good luck this year.

~>conner

Well, now we know why there isn't more news posted here by open-class units....

Perhaps this also provides insight into why open class units seem to have a hard time recruiting and retaining members. Perhaps this also provides insight into why open class units don't get fans of drum corps excited enough to show up to see their finals.

It's not that self-indulgent drek is the sole province of open-class corps... heaven knows that. It just seems that open class corps have the opportunity to celebrate what's unique about drum corps, but with repertoires like this, it's really hard for old pharts like me to get excited in any way about watching such a performance. I don't want to have to look up words in the dictionary in order to understand a summer marching band show in a hot stadium.

So, as far as it relates to this particular topic, I will take the advice of an earlier poster and "quietly walk away."

I wish the members of the Spokane Thunder the very best for this season, despite the apparent self-indulgence of the adults in charge.