MARDI GRAS

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will wait till I have more time to go into detail on this and am not in a rush to get to class, however, THIS is a prime example why I had set up the chain of command and PR as I did in the beginning.

This type of banter should have only been done by the Ex. Director as spokesman for the Association.

This is one of the many reasons I resigned and stepped away.

If you really want to air some dirty laundry in the good old New orleans corps fashion that killed the 5 corps from New Orleans, I;ll be more than happy to.

I've kept my mouth shut on DCP as to things regarding GNODCA, but since I was one of the founders, and even though I resigned after 3 years of service as EX Director, it still reflects my name in many drum corps circles and I must say, this type of BS is exactly why I resigned.

We had a great relationship with GCS for 3 years, what happened ?

Don't be so quick to blame GCS.

Mike, I can't believe you talk like you do regarding GNODCA. Yes, you did create this alumni corp with all intentions of getting it started then backing away eventually. Instead six months later you were striken sadly with GBS. We stood behind you, cried for you, prayed for you and only wanted the best for you. The whole entire corp took a picture together, framed & signed it, then brought it up to the hospital. It brought tears to your's & everyone else's eyes. As you continued to recover, you were not physically able to do all the things needed to be done with the alumni corp. You politely stepped down even though some of us wanted you to continue. Yes, they may have been some BS but, there's alot of BS everywhere where you go in life. It just upsets me to hear you say that's why you resigned after 3 years. I agree with some of the things you said, just not the negativity part that you give to people regarding GNODCA. I've known you for along time and you're like family to me. Just don't forget about all of us who were there when you needed us most. I, being a member of GNODCA wish you only the best life can bring you. Please take care and it was good to see you stop by and say hello to us at Caesar's parade line up area.

Edited by C. Oubre

Mike, I can't believe you talk like you do regarding GNODCA. Yes, you did create this alumni corp with all intentions of getting it started then backing away eventually. Instead six months later you were striken sadly with GBS. We stood behind you, cried for you, prayed for you and only wanted the best for you. The whole entire corp took a picture together, framed & signed it, then brought it up to the hospital. It brought tears to your's & everyone else's eyes. As you continued to recover, you were not physically able to do all the things needed to be done with the alumni corp. You politely stepped down even though some of us wanted you to continue. Yes, they may have been some BS but, there's alot of BS everywhere where you go in life. It just upsets me to hear you say that's why you resigned after 3 years. I agree with some of the things you said, just not the negativity part that you give to people regarding GNODCA. I've known you for along time and you're like family to me. Just don't forget about all of us who were there when you needed us most. I, being a member of GNODCA wish you only the best life can bring you. Please take care and it was good to see you stop by and say hello to us at Caesar's parade line up area.

Now go back and REread what I posted, not what you assume or have been told I posted.

Just the comment Brian make about the music is one fine point. Just where did that arrangement of Big Chief come from ? Oops.

It's all ok Cindy. It seems the minor problems that were shaped into mountains have been worked out, I still say they should have been handled in a different manner between directors.

IF you REread my posts you might see how many times I defend the small corps numbers as well as the people who are actually trying to get things done.

Your adoring friend, :grouphug:

Now go back and REread what I posted, not what you assume or have been told I posted.

Just the comment Brian make about the music is one fine point. Just where did that arrangement of Big Chief come from ? Oops.

It's all ok Cindy. It seems the minor problems that were shaped into mountains have been worked out, I still say they should have been handled in a different manner between directors.

IF you REread my posts you might see how many times I defend the small corps numbers as well as the people who are actually trying to get things done.

Your adoring friend, :grouphug:

Thanks for the hug! As far as REreading your post and Brian's regarding music, I can't find those. But, it is good to know the minor problems have been worked out. Thanks for your reply..........!

Cindy