Drum Corps Sheet Music

TealMello08

Sigh, you guys reminded me of how i had trascribed the entire phantom 2003 show for brass..but the computer it was one got fried, and now it's lost and i'm too lazy to do it again (it took like a year of working on it, lol)

bahhhh.... that sucks.

my last high school year we're playing phantom 03.

the past 3 years we played: SCV 99 (the canyon) & SCV (new era) + another piece; BD 98; BD 00.

So... we'll have to see where this goes...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the very beginning at least, lol.

And you guys inspired me, I started rehashing it back out on sibelius. Up to the 4 minute mark, I seem to remember much more than i thought.

Is it perfect? No, but it's close and gives me something to do in the spare time i have.

I have two transcribed versions, one I did about a year ago and one a friend sent me after he saw mine and we compared the two (his was closer to perfect that mine :thumbup: ). I'll gladly send my version to anyone that wants it. His however, you'd have to talk to him, not mine to give away. I also have SCV's Scheherazade I am working into HS band format.

I have two transcribed versions, one I did about a year ago and one a friend sent me after he saw mine and we compared the two (his was closer to perfect that mine :thumbup: ). I'll gladly send my version to anyone that wants it. His however, you'd have to talk to him, not mine to give away. I also have SCV's Scheherazade I am working into HS band format.

You guys kill me. Lifting charts. Lots of work. Why not just do your own? You'll learn a heck of alot more than lifting what you "think" you heard. As for who's chart is closer in the above quote - until you have the original, you don't even know if you're in the right key!

As for who's chart is closer in the above quote - until you have the original, you don't even know if you're in the right key!

Not really true, when you write out the music, if an 'accidental' is there the entire piece or section, it becomes pretty clear what key it is...assuming you have basic theory skills...which to arrange or transcribe i would assume (and hope) you would.

I have two transcribed versions, one I did about a year ago and one a friend sent me after he saw mine and we compared the two (his was closer to perfect that mine :ninja: ). I'll gladly send my version to anyone that wants it. His however, you'd have to talk to him, not mine to give away. I also have SCV's Scheherazade I am working into HS band format.

Key Poulan already did that. He arranged SCVs, then provided one for highschools.

If you want Sheet Music for Drum corps stuff go to http://www.DrumCorpsMusic.org

Has anyone tried this site? I'm curious whats on it.

Has anyone tried this site? I'm curious whats on it.

yea the tunes tend to be more 'parade style tunes' but there's some good stuff on there, some of it is program specific also (finale, sibelius, and most is PDF)

yea the tunes tend to be more 'parade style tunes' but there's some good stuff on there, some of it is program specific also (finale, sibelius, and most is PDF)

I, too, checked out this site. I think the site would benefit from standardization. Use PDF for all print files and a similar universal format (MP3??) for audio. Also, I wonder how long it will be before the site is shut down. I didn't see any mention on the site that the files are for personal use and educational research only. I may contribute some tunes, but will be careful not to infringe on the work of others and restrict the use of the arrangement.

I, too, checked out this site. I think the site would benefit from standardization. Use PDF for all print files and a similar universal format (MP3??) for audio. Also, I wonder how long it will be before the site is shut down. I didn't see any mention on the site that the files are for personal use and educational research only. I may contribute some tunes, but will be careful not to infringe on the work of others and restrict the use of the arrangement.

I can see you're point. But more. Perhaps offer PDF AND sebilius and finale? i dunno.

I just hate having to plug everything into sibelius so i can alter it.

And good point about it being shut down....about that....

THAT WEBSITE DOES NOT EXSIST, DON'T EVEN CLICK THE LINK IT'S FAKE.

hopefully that will ward off any DCI police nazis.