What you expect from the winter meetings

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First let me say that one tends to forget how long , rich and proud the Open/A Class Div really is

Peace.

So what if Jersey is ranked 18th in World class going into finals week and are scheduled to compete in open class? Shouldntt they be attending world class prelims and bump other corps down? Is that fare to the other corps? how do u even determine which corps go in which division? I dont think the problems this setup causes is worth it just so the kids in blue saints know that if the blue devils are 80 points better than them or 85. and i odnt thinkt he corps that this benefit are the ones that need membership, its the ones that are losing in open class by 30 points that need more kids the most, and how is them losign in world class by 75-90 points going to make kids want to march there more?

So what if Jersey is ranked 18th in World class going into finals week and are scheduled to compete in open class? Shouldntt they be attending world class prelims and bump other corps down? Is that fare to the other corps? how do u even determine which corps go in which division? I dont think the problems this setup causes is worth it just so the kids in blue saints know that if the blue devils are 80 points better than them or 85. and i odnt thinkt he corps that this benefit are the ones that need membership, its the ones that are losing in open class by 30 points that need more kids the most, and how is them losign in world class by 75-90 points going to make kids want to march there more?

Agreed.

Fever was another corps that didn't make very much use of the field (inside the 25s from my memory, could be wrong). Not critiquing the difficulty and especially not the cleanliness, just saying.

Some math for y'all: a corps that only spreads from 20s to 20s and to the back hash is utilizing 40% of the field.

Can't remember (and probably won't know since Copyright laws do not permit Fever's show to be on the DVD) , I just know they used more field than memphis.

But then everyone wouldn't be judged equally, or correctly, and everyone won't be the same, and, and..

</lib equality bs>