CAMP! Madison Style

Camp was great. Full horn line/ full drum line, no guard at camp, April is the date for guard. Anybody wanting to march Madison guard go to the web site and sign up, get to Madison and bust your ### and make the corps then we can talk about finances. A little birdy told me we already have 20 so you better GET ON IT! The horn line was pretty much all I was watching, played Never Walk Alone, some Frumpie song for parades, this other song which I do not know the name but wow I loved it, and then they did some work with the drum line. I believe the song they were playing was the opener. First lets give the drum line some love! I think there were 9 snares, 5 quads, 5 bases, full pit, 5 cymbals, and a bunch of dudes hanging out I think they were still trying to figure out numbers. Could get bigger, but thats Rogers choice. In my opionion I'd go bigger one more of each section except the pit. They were great, as usual those boys are working hard ,they have something to prove. LOVE HAVING CYMBALS AGIAN- Now to the music. Wow - Thats a big a-- horn line playing, lots of vets with a chip on there shoulder, agian something to prove and they are. The music is a secret they are giving clues to the music names on the website, Madison Scouts . org so thats the only way to find out or come to camp and they will play it for you, they love the people. Lots of people there checking it out which is great, those kids relly dig playing in front of a crowd. Other than that ,all the regulars helping out, it was cold but the Corps was hot. Oh I should mention our Drum Major and his helper was there , Alex is a smooth cat, he will be a star someday, love the shirts,old school rocks. Staff was great as usual, talking to everyone having a good time, lots of smiling going on. Which in my world is good. This Corps is in good hands people, they are working and we will see after April on how ready they will be. Until next time- Peace

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can write sentences ANYWAY you please, but ,YES, A CYMBAL LINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is about time. Go Scouts.

Cymbal line from Jan. camp (courtesy of Scouts site)

Scouts08jan1.jpg

Glad to hear things are going to great in Madison -but man, you really need to learn how to write proper sentences.

Go Scouts!!!

I would have to agree with you on this one. It's great to hear how well Madison is doing. As an educator, however, the run on sentences makes me want to climb the walls.

I would have to agree with you on this one. It's great to hear how well Madison is doing. As an educator, however, the run on sentences makes me want to climb the walls.

I guess thats why thirdcoast isn't an English professor and instead is a drum corps fan and super volunteer.

Edited by bass5

hey...the man is enthusiastic and ANY camp report is a great thing on DCP. Anyone else notice how few camp reports we get now?

the month of April will be crucial for the Scouts. Two solid sections does not a drum corps make....even in almighty Madtown. So, if there are guard guys out there looking for this kind of experience...Madison is a great place to march.

It just saddens me that drum players and horn players don't get the kind of financial breaks that these new guard guys are going to get. Does this sort of "bribe" occur all over drum corps now? I mean, I've heard of hardship cases before and corps "angels" being asked to sponsor a specific kid, but never has it mattered what instrument they perfom on or whether they are in the guard.

Just an observation on how things have changed.

yes, mostly due to the fact the mods don't allow any negative commentary and shut down the threads,.................

maybe it's just the way comments are phrased.

I pointed out a negative in Madison's current philosophy but I didn't say Madison (starts with an s and rhymes with ducks) or anything like that. I believe the mods have been fair in most cases. Wow....me...being a champion of the mods...who would've thunk it.