Texas Scores 2008

quegrawks

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I have to say is MAN did it suck not having an equipment judge at the last competition of the season before championships! :-(

I would have to say it's better than having one that says in critique "I want to start by saying the number I gave you isn't the one you deserve. I got boxed in with my numbers and because you guys were on last in your class, I stuck you where I could" We had been 1st most of the season in Equipment and the idiot put us second from the bottom. It really screwed up our average for championship seeding.

I would have to say it's better than having one that says in critique "I want to start by saying the number I gave you isn't the one you deserve. I got boxed in with my numbers and because you guys were on last in your class, I stuck you where I could" We had been 1st most of the season in Equipment and the idiot put us second from the bottom. It really screwed up our average for championship seeding.

Never a better reason for "ATTACK OF THE KILLER PINKIE TOE!"

[/inside joke]

What an idiot! Certainly hope he/she isnt reading this thread LOL

Anyway, even if this person did screw up his numbers I wonder why this person put you so low (assuming it wasnt deserved, I wasnt there). Even with bad numbers you can still at least get everyone ranked correctly.

If you are good enough, then performance order shouldn't matter at championships. Best of luck!!

Oh! I hate that! One year in Florida we were scoring top 3 all season in equipment, and at championships we were ranked 10th. SUrprise! It was the place we went on in finals competition because we had been promoted halfway through the season. The first 6 guards were ranked in order of appearance. The top 5 were ranked in order as well. There was only some difference in the middle 4 guards of the class.

A judge saying "I stuck you were I could"? What the hell? PM me if you'd like to discuss off list.

I wasn't sure if it was grounds for reporting. I typically roll with the punches, but it just seemed really shady. Luckly the village idiot is not judging circuit championships, so for now I'm just focused on those comments made by judges we will see. Clean clean clean :)

Good luck Michael V! This weekend should be fun.

A judge saying "I stuck you were I could"? What the hell? PM me if you'd like to discuss off list.

My response is usually quick and painless, for me, "Then you shouldn't be judging." I also walk calmly to a neutral section of the room and wait for the next rotation.