Texas Scores 2008

quegrawks

Mike, Did you see Ars Nova? Give us some tidbits! I can't wait a week ;)

did you get to see Code Black? I'm looking forward to seeing their show this year.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes....and at this point all I'll comment on was how busy it is. Lots of the same drill from last year (the four pods revolve around the floor) which makes since being that Joe C. is still there and in charge.

They do some great things, just don't know where I should look at one point. I'm hoping to get a better seat at WGI Austin to make a better assessment. I'll write a full critique of the regional for CGP :)

Yes....and at this point all I'll comment on was how busy it is. Lots of the same drill from last year (the four pods revolve around the floor) which makes since being that Joe C. is still there and in charge.

They do some great things, just don't know where I should look at one point. I'm hoping to get a better seat at WGI Austin to make a better assessment. I'll write a full critique of the regional for CGP :)

Darn! I was thinking about going, but I'll be judging a TECA show down in La Joya! We'll have to meet up at the Oak Ridge show! :-)

This is basically what I've heard about the show too.........not sure if I am going to the regional or not tomorrow..........decisions decisions.

• 2 weeks later...

Scores from Feb. 9 : PS-- Congrats Heather and Tomball for first place in Scholastic AA at the Oak Ridge Show!! :-)

Oak Ridge Show (TCGC) - Feb 9

Scholastic A

1 Clements HS 75.60

2 Clear Brook HS SA 73.10

3 Magnolia HS A 72.80

4 Cy-Fair HS 70.20

5 Spring HS 70.00

6 Friendswood HS 67.60

7 James E. Taylor HS 65.10

8 Klein Collins HS 63.80

Independent A

1 Gulf Coast Sound 59.80

2 Langham Springs JV 50.60

3 Oak Ridge JV 47.80

Scholastic Open

1 Oak Ridge HS 70.10

2 Klein HS 59.50

3 Cinco Ranch HS 52.50

Independent Open

1 Langham Springs 59.60

Scholastic World

1 Cypress Falls HS 58.40

Independent World

1 Code Black 67.90

Laredo Show (TECA)- Feb 9

Scholastic A

1 Laredo Alexander 56.7

Centennial Show (NTCA) - Feb 9

Scholastic A

1 Flower Mound 77.8

2 JJ Pearce 71.6

3 Hebron 69.6

4 Frisco 63.6

Independent A

1 MSU 57.6

Edited by quegrawks

Scores from Feb. 9 : PS-- Congrats Heather and Tomball for first place in Scholastic AA at the Oak Ridge Show!! :-)

Oak Ridge Show (TCGC) - Feb 9

Scholastic A

1 Clements HS 75.60

2 Clear Brook HS SA 73.10

3 Magnolia HS A 72.80

4 Cy-Fair HS 70.20

5 Spring HS 70.00

6 Friendswood HS 67.60

7 James E. Taylor HS 65.10

8 Klein Collins HS 63.80

Independent A

1 Gulf Coast Sound 59.80

2 Langham Springs JV 50.60

3 Oak Ridge JV 47.80

Scholastic Open

1 Oak Ridge HS 70.10

2 Klein HS 59.50

3 Cinco Ranch HS 52.50

Independent Open

1 Langham Springs 59.60

Scholastic World

1 Cypress Falls HS 58.40

Independent World

1 Code Black 67.90

Laredo Show (TECA)- Feb 9

Scholastic A

1 Laredo Alexander 56.7

Centennial Show (NTCA) - Feb 9

Scholastic A

1 Flower Mound 77.8

2 JJ Pearce 71.6

3 Hebron 69.6

4 Frisco 63.6

Independent A

1 MSU 57.6

Wow....cy falls and code black's scores went down from the WGI regional!?!? :grouphug:

I'll just say 2 things: Cy Fair-- well done show, but more Open class than World class, to me. I enjoyed it, though.

Code Black-- not a solid performance in terms of movement or equipment. Some staging problems (maybe changes to the show?) that led to some clarity issues. As I said, clean it up, and it will sparkle! Just kind of rough right now.

CyFalls is just missing that "wow" factor that is synonymous in the world class. I don't know if it's the dark floor, dark unis, dark silk thing.....or just that they are not given work that is that hard,.....definately missing somethings GE.

Code Black, again, great sabres. Lots of drops this past Saturday. Also they haven't come out with uniforms and silks (the purple and yellow silks they are spinning now are from last years show and are just to geometric with this years floor). There are some parts where I now know where to look, again, cleaning and less dropping are the order for the next two weeks.

Oak Ridge.....one word: HOT. I'm definately wow-ed by this show.

I've never seen so many score drops before!