Does anyone know who voted Yes and No

no, ive been at school all day. i do plan on it though, sometime in the next few days.

When you do, will you post it? I would like to do something along the same lines but am not good at writing, spelling, letters, penmanship etc... :peek:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MY APOLOGIES FOR THE MIS-PRINT:

BLUE DEVILS did indeed vote. They voted for all the above. I simply went past them on my list (although, I don't know how I could have possibly missed a vote by them...they were one of the most vocal in the room).

I haved edited my original post to reflect the proper vote.

Edited by ThatCorpsGuy

It looks like there were six corps whose representatives voted NO on both of the main points of contention here (amplification of brass and electronic instruments) - Boston, Colts, Madison, Mandarins, Phantom and Spirit.

I guess it's time to put up or shut up.

If you disapprove of the passage of those two rules, go to websites of one or more of the corps who voted no and buy a souvenir. You don't have to wait until the summer to show your support for them sticking up for tradition. Buy a t-shirt or a cap or a bumper sticker online NOW.

Or shut up and quit whining about the changes.

I know I'm getting my credit card out right now.

I remember one of the BOA bands a few years ago lost a decent placement due to their electronic failures.

It has never been proven that that was the single reason they lost placement. Corps and bands drop in placement all the time from prelims to finals. Things happen, other groups are better, other performance issues exist that may not have happened the night before or had anything to do with the electronics failure, there are a myriad of reasons why. (I do agree that it's risky, but sometimes I think it's worth the risk if the effect is pulled off. It depends, I guess.)

Designers need to understand what is tacky and what is not.

Oh, if we could just get in a time machine and go back to the 70's in DCI and try and get the designers to understand this! One man's "tacky" is another's standing ovation.

It looks like there were six corps whose representatives voted NO on both of the main points of contention here (amplification of brass and electronic instruments) - Boston, Colts, Madison, Mandarins, Phantom and Spirit.

If you disapprove of the passage of those two rules, go to websites of one or more of the corps who voted no and buy a souvenir. You don't have to wait until the summer to show your support for them sticking up for tradition. Buy a t-shirt or a cap or a bumper sticker online NOW.

Should we buy 1/2 of a Cavaliers (one yes, one no) shirt?

When you do, will you post it? I would like to do something along the same lines but am not good at writing, spelling, letters, penmanship etc... :tongue:

sure. i'll probably send the same thing to most of the corps directors, with maybe a few specific remarks to a few of them (i plan on thanking greg orwoll again for driving me on the colts busses to the airport after finals in '04, and telling him for my sincere appreciation for his organization, as well......they may not be one of hopkins' "top 9" but are still one of the most solid, passionate, and well managed corps in all of in dci).

I know that some of the big corps directors do read this, so show your colors. If you voted for these new rules, then stand up and be counted. What is there to fear? You were doing it for the good of the activity, right? Hello?????

Great idea, and one step further: In 2009, show your visible support to the corps that have chosen not to electrify. Give them the loudest standing ovations during their shows and remain silent during the amp'd ones.

If, when the results come in, that an amp'd corps wins the show, boo the results. Not the corps, the results.

With judges, instructors and board members all in the same back pocket, voicing your opinion during the show to support the corps you love, is the only voice you have left.

Ok, so they voted no. I seem to remember reading that the Colts are planning on using these things anyway. So, they took a stand, but caved in within the day......no I dont think anyone really should be supported in regards to how they voted seeing as by the end of the decade all will be using these new "rules" .....

~G~