Does anyone know who voted Yes and No

Because people won't go out of there way to say thanks as much as someone would go out of their way to complain. Even if there are more pro ampers, the directors would hear more bad than good. Ever wrote your Congress rep to say "Good job, keep it up, like what you do"?

Yeah, you're probably right. Anyway, I'm a Republican in NorCal. Ain't gonna happen :music:

Edited by skajerk

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, since these meetings are open to the public, the results are public domain...and, since I was fortunate enough to be in the room...

Proposal #1: Double Panel GE Judges-Finals week, plus DCI Majors

ALL VOTED YES

Proposal #2: Allowing for water elements to be utilized

16 YES

2 NO (Cavaliers, Madison Scouts)

Proposal #3: Amplification of Brass

11 YES (BD, Bluecoats, Blue Knights, Cadets, Cascades, Crown, Glassmen, PC, SCV, French, Kehoes, Setzer)

7 NO (Boston, Cavaliers, Colts, Madison, Mandarins, Phantom, Spirit)

Proposal #4: Electronic Instruments

11 YES (BD, Bluecoats, Blue Knights, Cadets, Cascades, Cavaliers, Crown, Glassmen, PC, SCV, Kehoes, Setzer)

7 NO (Boston, Colts, Madison, Mandarins, Phantom, Spirit, French)

French, Kehoes and Setzer are the three at-large members of the Board of Directors.

Edited by ThatCorpsGuy

Because people won't go out of there way to say thanks as much as someone would go out of their way to complain. Even if there are more pro ampers, the directors would hear more bad than good. Ever wrote your Congress rep to say "Good job, keep it up, like what you do"?

well now that names have been released, i think ill do just that. i assume once more people learn that this thread has the answers to its proposed question, many others will be emailing those "no" corps and following suit.

funny to consider how drastically the opinions demonstrated in bluecoats and boston's 2004 shows have changed.

seriously, i'd pay good money for one of those "amplification - not now, not ever" shirts. an 01-06 vet wore one to a camp or two in 2005 (and possibly even 2006 but i dont think so). crazy to think about at this point.

thanks for posting, thats one of the validating reasons for people to follow this website.

Edited by Jared_mello

and CROSSMEN ?

the moving to san antonio thing.

Perhaps Xmen and BD abstained???

And what about Pioneer?

I would assume BD and Crossmen both voted for the proposals and Pioneer against.

Until this new by laws change to make the board a 9 member board the previous board was 18 members and not all of the member corps had a seat on the board. Below is from the DCI website.

"Since last September, there has been ongoing discussion among directors of restructuring the current board setup to streamline decision-making. Currently, the DCI Board of Directors consists of representatives from 14 member corps and four non-affiliated (at-large) directors.

The new board will consist of nine individuals, including six elected representatives from the DCI member corps as well as three at-large directors. "

So it would seem that there were 15 member corps who had a seat on the board either that or whoever counted the votes mistook one of the non affiliated voters as a representative of a corps since he only showed 3 non affiliated board members and not 4. The 15 corps:

Bluecoats, Blue Knights, Cadets, Cascades, Crown, Glassmen, PC, SCV, Boston, Cavaliers, Colts, Madison, Mandarins, Phantom, Spirit