In 2030

In 2030, jet packs will be legalized. This is no surprise, seeing as it is the 10th year such a thing is proposed. Some would argue that this was the next, logical and final step in Drum Corp's attempt to conqure the third dimension, since trampolines were legalized in 2021 :tongue: (I REALLY WANT TRAMPOLINES, JUST THINK OF THE COLOR GAURD!)

Blue, you MUST have children--you have the perfect "Mom" sort of way of adding humor to an otherwise...not quite sure what word to use...topic of conversation. :peek:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trampolines.....Jets Packs.....Underwater Basket Weaving.....All of this has been done by the Blousmen and no one can touch that drum corps, I mean honestly 130 member contra line in 1976.

Well, this thread falls somewhere between lame and "belongs in Rules Changes bucket" category. IMHO.

Leave the man alone and let him have his fun. Having this separate forum should allow this kind of post to be explored in fun without people like you coming in. If you must butt in, put a "This post is stupid" in every post of this subforum and then move on and let us talk.

I personally look forward to use of lazer light and fireworks. That'll be implemented before 2015-2016 I'm sure. Then we can see in 2030 the sale of "Legends" shows of the early years of Electronics on a media not yet created.

19. A 19-year old is telling us that this isn't Drum Corps.

I thought we weren't supposed to bash CMMs even by inference? You're doing it head on.

But if it's age that you respect, then I'm a 53 year old telling you THIS ISN'T DRUM CORPS!

So, dont you think its a little odd that a person that marched in todays "drum corps", me, is saying that I believe in the Traditionalist approach and that I am a Traditionalist.

For me the high point of drum corps was the late 90s. After the G Bugle left, hornlines at the top of DCI were more in tune (those at the bottom, the same as they were before), but they killed the G "Bugle" which was essentially a powerful, alto sop in the key of G that was built specifically for the dc activity. The G Bugle had a fault in tuning. If we had stayed with G, we might have fixed the problems that we had.

However, that not being the case, we now have Bb. If you are not an experience brass player, the Bb Trumpet will not help you, and the tone will be nasal. For example, listen to the 2001 Cadets at the end of Farandole, when they are collapsing from the circle into the box. Hear the nasal sound of the trumpets? Do you hear the dissonant sounding notes after that? The fault was from the instruments. Now, listen to all of BD 99. Do you here anything other than a solid wall of sound? Anything sticking out?

I have my reasons. Never discount me for being my age. I know people who are in their 60s and they have proven that they are not responsible for being allowed the priveledge of certain things, specifically alcohol. I have had a hard family life up until now and have gone through more #### with that than normal people go through in their whole lives.

You speak of age as if it were a virtue you earned. You've proven that wrong.

Whats your problem man? Stop posting if you dont want to consider what is ahead. Hopkins himself has said this type of thing is inevitable.

Stop being a friggin troll. If you want to challenge my age as a basis for my knoweledge, go ahead. I know more than most people when it comes to making informed decisions. Your words are nothing.

boo hoo man.

boo. hoo.

And my posts generally aren't lame, but feel free to tell me when they are. This one excluded.

I know some pretty darn smart 19 year olds.......

However, that not being the case, we now have Bb. If you are not an experience brass player, the Bb Trumpet will not help you, and the tone will be nasal. For example, listen to the 2001 Cadets at the end of Farandole, when they are collapsing from the circle into the box. Hear the nasal sound of the trumpets? Do you hear the dissonant sounding notes after that? The fault was from the instruments. Now, listen to all of BD 99. Do you here anything other than a solid wall of sound? Anything sticking out?

I do have to admit that the chord 99 BD hits around the 4:08 mark (counting from the first downbeat) It is one sexy chord that you don't hear anymore.

But i don't care to get caught up on the whole debate.