Would you automatically dislike

a corps if they used music from sources such as Green Day and Peter Gabriel or did an all rock show? I saw a high school band do this for the 07 season and wondered if it could make it in the drum corps world.

Edited by malletrockr12

a corps if they used music from sources such as Green Day and Peter Gabriel?

What kind of balloon are you floating, Rockr12?

I think if you combined Green Day and Peter Gabriel with Zamfir, the master of the pan flute, you'd really be onto something. :shutup::huh: :huh: :huh::thumbup:

if by "onto something" you mean drugs, then I agree.

~>conner

Sounds like someone's "hypothetical" question is really them trying to secretly leak show concepts that haven't been officially released and/or verified yet.

I'm thinking that might be a no-no.

Sounds like someone's "hypothetical" question is really them trying to secretly leak show concepts that haven't been officially released and/or verified yet.

I'm thinking that might be a no-no.

Was thinking the same thing...

I wasn't trying to leak anything. I saw a high school who did "American Idiot" by Green Day for an opener, Peter Gabriel's "The Book of Love" for their ballad, and something by Incubus for their closer. I really liked this show and was wondering if a corps could pull it off without being attacked by DCI fans.

I wasn't trying to leak anything. I saw a high school who did "American Idiot" by Green Day for an opener, Peter Gabriel's "The Book of Love" for their ballad, and something by Incubus for their closer. I really liked this show and was wondering if a corps could pull it off without being attacked by DCI fans.

it's doubtful, especially if it's American Idiot.

I hate pretty much everything about Green Day, and their newest stuff makes me hate them more.

~>conner

I’m not overly familiar with all of Green Day’s music, but there is a ton of Peter Gabriel music that could translate nicely onto the field (actually, Velvet Knights already performed Peter Gabriel back in 1979.) With regard to the general concept of an all “rock” show, it’s already been done very effectively… BD’s Tommy was a great show; I wasn’t a big fan of The Cadets’ Living with the Past, but I know many others enjoyed this show; and Glassmen did a good job with the Moody Blues show in 1994. A lot of other rock bands/performers have been brought to the field… Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Beatles, Metallica, Billy Joel (he was considered "rock" at least at the early stage of his career), etc. I wouldn’t have ever thought a Bjork ballad would become one of my all time favorite drum corps ballads and last year, Crown certainly showed that Rolling Stones and drum corps are a great fit, so bring on Green Day and (more) Peter Gabriel. It sure would beat having to listen to WST or Malaguena again.