Your right! the end is near!

The end of the activity ( For me) Is when you have no desire to follow something that doesnt remotely resemble what you fell in love with in the first place. Gone are the all summer tours, gone are the regionals that start 8am, gone are enought corps to make making finals or membership coveted, or exciting, actually, gone is most aspects of competition. Gone are the rivalries that fueled excellence, gone are the uniquity of each corps, their signature sounds and traditions.

Gone are the crowds, gone are the corps....gone are many fans that supported it and helped sustain it.

Gone.

~G~

Just a quick off the top of my head synopsis, Im not stupid, I wasnt born yesterday, but, all those feel good, behind the scenes stuff you get from this version of drum corps, you can get from any activity, so thats not uniquee just to drum corps anymore. What made drum corps unique, special, and alluring (to me) is GONE.

You know, this is really hard for me to say for the fact that I marched in 2007 and I truly admire the shows that were marched in the 80's, 90's etc. But you guys really make it hard for me to admire you guys. I always looked up to the older shows, like I had a certain standard I had to reach. But let me tell you, just go. Leave DCI all together. Sell all your dvds, cd's, shirts, your corps jacket, everything. Stop posting on dcp, stop going to shows. Us younger people hate all your negativity. You think you guys were God's gift to the marching world... but you aren't.

I really don't mean to be disrespectful, although I know I have been. But you have to give respect to get it back. We younger guys and girls idolize you older guys that marched "back in the day", but you know, we really shouldn't.

I suggest you guys get rid of your cars too.. because they "no longer resemble what you fell in love in the first place."

Am I saying I'm happy about all the rule changes, nope thats not it at all. But as long as people are still sacrificing their entire summer to do something they love, I will be there.

OH and older guys, get off your high horse and try and be better role models. Because the rule changes aren't killing DCI, your negative attitudes are.

Edited by DCImaniac

You know, this is really hard for me to say for the fact that I marched in 2007 and I truly admire the shows that were marched in the 80's, 90's etc. But you guys really make it hard for me to admire you guys. I always looked up to the older shows, like I had a certain standard I had to reach. But let me tell you, just go. Leave DCI all together. Sell all your dvds, cd's, shirts, your corps jacket, everything. Stop posting on dcp, stop going to shows. Us younger people hate all your negativity. You think you guys were God's gift to the marching world... but you aren't.

I really don't mean to be disrespectful, although I know I have been. But you have to give respect to get it back. We younger guys and girls idolize you older guys that marched "back in the day", but you know, we really shouldn't.

I suggest you guys get rid of your cars too.. because they "no longer resemble what you fell in love in the first place."

Am I saying I'm happy about all the rule changes, nope thats not it at all. But as long as people are still sacrificing their entire summer to do something they love, I will be there.

OH and older guys, get off your high horse and try and be better role models. Because the rule changes aren't killing DCI, your negative attitudes are.

I know you didnt mean it this way - but try not to generalize 'older guys'. Not every person that marched before 2000 feels exactly the same way...

Edited by euponitone

I know you didnt mean it this way - but try not to generalize 'older guys'. Not every person that marched before 2000 feels exactly the same way...

Yea you are right. I totally didn't mean it to everyone, just the people that are having those kinds of attitudes. Good call catching that.

And for some more positive attitude for a change, man you guys were the #### in 2005!!! Clean as a whistle!

Yea you are right. I totally didn't mean it to everyone, just the people that are having those kinds of attitudes. Good call catching that.

And for some more positive attitude for a change, man you guys were the #### in 2005!!! Clean as a whistle!

Positive attitudes - ...compliments???? what are these things you speak of???

but thanks :tongue:

Back to the OP...

We made it past Saturday at 3:18 p.m. Whew that was close. It's like waiting for a falling satellite or something.

So...let's set a new date for the end of DCI.

Sunday, Feb. 17 at 3:18 p.m.

Book it.

crap....ill be out of town - I might miss it!!!

can anyone text me the posts on dcp at that time...please....pretty plleeeaasseeeeeee :smile::tongue: :tongue:

Thanks for painting us "old guys" with such a broad brush. And I also thank you for speaking on behalf of all of the "younger people". Sarcasm off: you don't speak for every individual "younger person", and all the "old guys" don't think as you say. I don't think I'm G-d's gift to the marching world at all... none of the anti-electronics/amps/woodwinds people have claimed that they are either.

Anyway... if you don't want to hear negativity, don't come onto DCP. Just stay where you can get positive comments only, like at shows for instance. There are alums who still watch corps today and like what they see, just like back when I marched there were alums from previous decades who cheered me on and liked what they saw.

Thanks for painting us "old guys" with such a broad brush. And I also thank you for speaking on behalf of all of the "younger people". Sarcasm off: you don't speak for every individual "younger person", and all the "old guys" don't think as you say. I don't think I'm G-d's gift to the marching world at all... none of the anti-electronics/amps/woodwinds people have claimed that they are either.

Anyway... if you don't want to hear negativity, don't come onto DCP. Just stay where you can get positive comments only, like at shows for instance. There are alums who still watch corps today and like what they see, just like back when I marched there were alums from previous decades who cheered me on and liked what they saw.

Fantastic job showing that there are 'old guys' who respect the current marching members. :tongue: /sarcasm off

Edited by CuriousMe

I don't know that I'm thrilled with all the rule changes.....I guess I want to see what corps will do with some of these changes before I decide. I do know that it's still drum corps to me. I marched in marching band and drum corps, and the least of the differences between them had to do with the instrumentation of the two groups. As an alumna, I will support both my corps and the activity.

I do get that anyone at anytime can decide to not support drum corps anymore (or anything else for that matter), I'm not debating that in any way. However, the tone I'm interpreting in some of the posts about this topic rings of "If you don't do what I want, I'll just pick up my toys and go home." kind of attitude. I think it's less the message and more the sheer vitriol that often accompanies it. I understand it's an emotional topic, but there's gotta be a better way to talk about this stuff that's less polarizing.