Found!

I was surfing around my video game clan message board, when I found this in the wallpaper thread!

velvetknights.jpg

Is that what I think it is? The Velvet Knights tour bus? He said he found it in the Mojave Desert. I'm asking him if he happens to have any GPS coordinates.

Edited by zellthemarcher

My friend didn't take this picture, he found it online. But apparently, there are two buses in the Antelope Valley.

I ran across some photos too of Velvet Knights buses by some photographer who said it could not be used w/o his permission or a commission.

They are authentic.

That's like saying you can't take a picture of the Empire State Building without express permission of Empire State Insurance.

You can't paint in HUGE letters your name and expect people not to take pics.

That's like saying you can't take a picture of the Empire State Building without express permission of Empire State Insurance.

You can't paint in HUGE letters your name and expect people not to take pics.

You do have the right to go there and photograph the buses yourself, if it is on public land or you have permission to go on the privately held land to photograph.

You need permission to use the online photographs that someone else has taken because that image belongs to them, (the photographer that took the photo).

It usually isn't an issue unless you make money on the showing of the picture and it isn't easy to prosecute such small infractions.

It is also easy to forget to get permission because stuff on the internet is so accessible and easy to use. You should at least give some credit to the photographer.

Here's a link to where the buses actually are located in CA. Google maps satellite image. You can't pick out the bus though.

VK bus location at auto salvage yard arial view.

Edited by Martybucs

I was surfing around my video game clan message board, when I found this in the wallpaper thread!

velvetknights.jpg

Is that what I think it is? The Velvet Knights tour bus? He said he found it in the Mojave Desert. I'm asking him if he happens to have any GPS coordinates.

That was a long exposure. If you look at the enlarged version you can see the stars are streaked from the earth's rotation.

You do have the right to go there and photograph the buses yourself, if it is on public land or you have permission to go on the privately held land to photograph.

You need permission to use the online photographs that someone else has taken because that image belongs to them, (the photographer that took the photo).

It usually isn't an issue unless you make money on the showing of the picture and it isn't easy to prosecute such small infractions.

It is also easy to forget to get permission because stuff on the internet is so accessible and easy to use. You should at least give some credit to the photographer.

Here's a link to where the buses actually are located in CA. Google maps satellite image. You can't pick out the bus though.

VK bus location at auto salvage yard arial view.

Actually, that picture is taken at a different locale. There are VK buses (so I'm told and the equipment truck) at that yard, but the one that is pictured is located here:

http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/showflat.php/Ca...96/Main/1001296

in the Palmdale area.

Nancy

Actually, that picture is taken at a different locale. There are VK buses (so I'm told and the equipment truck) at that yard, but the one that is pictured is located here:

http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/showflat.php/Ca...96/Main/1001296

in the Palmdale area.

Nancy

Yeah, doesn't look like it could be in that yard and Palmdale is right next to that area called Littlerock. The larger road in the picture is Palmdale Blvd. I had no idea the desert was so populated.

One of the salvage yards in Palmadale does look like it has some buses from the satellite pics. I know, I know, too much time on my hands. Not really, just good at wasting it. :tongue:

Edited by Martybucs