Surf's drumline

I had the pleasure of seeing them perform this past Friday night in Atlantic City on stage with Keith Urban. The kids did an excellent job representing the corps and the activity :tongue:

Edited by XmenBlondie

I didn't either, until about a week ago. We had gotten the tickets in December, so it was an added bonus to see them there. :tongue:

I notice a lot of people are reading, not saying much... :tongue:

If interested, I took a video of their performance. Search for it on youtube. :worthy:

My son's college drumline got to do that last August.

They had a great time. Got to have a nice catered meal and hang with a touring band.

Surf's drumline sounded pretty good, but I wish that had worn the uni, not the t-shirts.

My guess is the line isn't set yet and folks haven't been fitted.

What would have been really neat was if my son (who was in the Surf line last year) was coming back and got to do it TWICE!

What would be the odds on that?

You can search on youtube and find a bunch of videos of others lines doing this.

I think SCV Cadets did one on the west coast.

The one thing I got from this is wow!!!!!.......Keith Urban has been on tour for a LONG time!

Oh.. and yes....Surf drums will be smokin this year!

Those kids are taught to hit hard!!!

Full Force Percussion, the winter program of the VK Youth Arts Organization, will also be performing with Keith Urban out here in California on March 13th..........

Some of the members march both, Full Force Percussion in the winter, and the Velvet Knights Drum & Bugle corps in the summer.

The opportunity that Keith Urban provides is also a great experience for everyone involved.

Good job Surf........ :tongue:

Surf's drumline sounded pretty good, but I wish that had worn the uni, not the t-shirts.

My guess is the line isn't set yet and folks haven't been fitted.

I believe the uniforms are still being dry cleaned and whatnot, and weren't ready for them to wear on Friday. :tongue:

I believe the uniforms are still being dry cleaned and whatnot, and weren't ready for them to wear on Friday. :tongue:

this is true we all were fitted for our unis this last camp so they probably weren't ready for the show

What would have been really neat was if my son (who was in the Surf line last year) was coming back and got to do it TWICE!

What would be the odds on that?

Glad you asked...

I filled in a tenor spot for the Kingston Grenadiers for the February 2nd Keith Urban concert in Rochester. Playing snare were several guys who had done the Toronto concert less than a month before with Dutch Boy's line. Caballeros drum line has been with Keith Urban a few times now, including 4 nights at Madison Square Garden.

:tongue: