Fantasia 2008

Guardguy89

Tell it to San Jose! Were there any flags in the bolero show at all?

Not A ONE!!!!!!!

And I absolutely LOVE that show!!!!

Edited by epwtrguard05

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what does everyone think about the missing layer or absence of a third apparatus[flag]?

what if anything is lacking as a result of the loss of flag skills?

Edited by dugg

what does everyone think about the missing layer or absence of a third apparatus[flag]?

what if anything is lacking as a result of the loss of flag skills?

I think in certain circumstances an all weapon show can work and be effective, but personally, I feel like the loss of flags in a show creates an emptiness. I think the effect that silks can make in conveying a viewpoint is highly underrated. My belief is that it's not until we see the lack or non-use of them in a show that we truly understand how powerful they are.

However, one idea to kick around is that this could be a deliberate design choice if one wants to create the effect of 'something missing'

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

One of my Top 5...maybe even Top 3 faves of all time.

I hear Ya!!!!!

However, one idea to kick around is that this could be a deliberate design choice if one wants to create the effect of 'something missing'

Now that you mention it .............. someone did say something about a void!!

The empty rocking chair..........................??? The empty table .................................??? No flags .................................... ???

UHMMMMMM ......................................... INTERESTING!!!!!!

I think that Fantasia's show theme is a goodbye message from Designer Karl Lowe. I've heard this is his last year with Fantasia and when you watch the show from that perspective it makes a lot of sence.The table is like the beginning and all of the different emotions are like the struggles and glory that fantasia has gone through. But since it is Karl's last year the rock scene with the rocking chair is like the question " Am I ready to retire?" Finally sitting in the chair and excepting that all good things must have an end.

Having been able to see their show I have to say it is both amazing and powerful.

I think that Fantasia's show theme is a goodbye message from Designer Karl Lowe. I've heard this is his last year with Fantasia and when you watch the show from that perspective it makes a lot of sence.The table is like the beginning and all of the different emotions are like the struggles and glory that fantasia has gone through. But since it is Karl's last year the rock scene with the rocking chair is like the question " Am I ready to retire?" Finally sitting in the chair and excepting that all good things must have an end.

Having been able to see their show I have to say it is both amazing and powerful.

ahhhh,could this be karl's swan song,his love letter to fantasia and to the fans?

surely it can't be a "tribute" show,one must be deceased before that can happen right? :thumbup:

we've have just posted an article by Scott Markham onto our website which includes the theme for this year's production

http://www.rccband.org/index.php