Fantasia 2008

Guardguy89

we've have just posted an article by Scott Markham onto our website which includes the theme for this year's production

http://www.rccband.org/index.php

So the theme is...No theme... To each his own theme....Thematics from outer space...Love in the time of Chollera & themes...Godzilla against the theme monster?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Now back to your regularly scheduled theme :thumbup:

Later,

Mike

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should have our own CGP theme. I smell a poll!

mr. markhams review says;"for viewers to speculate about the intended theme".

well mission accomplished!

speculate indeed,there are 4 pages of "speculation" by our astute and funloving posters! :tongue:

it is what it is,a transient and fleeting work of art!

i guess it's our incessant need to put everthing into a box or category,perhaps it's human nature to be wary of things we can't label,pigeonhole or easily define.why must we have a "theme"!can't it simply just "be" or merely exist as a work of artistic expression,must we always demand a lofty meaning or superfluous subtext?

Edited by dugg

mr. markhams review says;"for viewers to speculate about the intended theme".

well mission accomplished!

speculate indeed,there are 4 pages of "speculation" by our astute and funloving posters! :tongue:

it is what it is,a transient and fleeting work of art!

i guess it's our incessant need to put everthing into a box or category,perhaps it's human nature to be wary of things we can't label,pigeonhole or easily define.why must we have a "theme"!can't it simply just "be" or merely exist as a work of artistic expression,must we always demand a lofty meaning or superfluous subtext?

I need labels #### it - how else am I going to know if I enjoy a show or not :tongue:

BTW - Fantasia's latest show on Replay is phenomenal - watch the guy on the table catch the rifle between his legs. Gives a whole new meaning to "Look ma, no hands".

Later,

Mike

Edited by Guardguy89

As much as I like to be able to label things too, this show is just plain awesome.

As Mike said, the guy who catches the rifle in his leg(s) .. WOW! I've tried that before and it flat out hurts.

Looks like they will win again in 2008! I will be more than happy to stand up and clap for that.

As much as I like to be able to label things too, this show is just plain awesome.

As Mike said, the guy who catches the rifle in his leg(s) .. WOW! I've tried that before and it flat out hurts.

Looks like they will win again in 2008! I will be more than happy to stand up and clap for that.

Yeah that rifle trick is fun.

I'm not sure if the show is first place material for this year, I think Pride is going to take it.

Yeah that rifle trick is fun.

I'm not sure if the show is first place material for this year, I think Pride is going to take it.

I'm not so sure, it wouldn't surprise me to see Pride in 4th, but they could be as high as 2nd. Right now. . .I say they are on the outside looking in. As much as I love this group, the show this year is just missing something. That said, I think Fantasia takes the Gold, easily. . . probably with at least a point spread on whoever is next. (Sac, NEI, Pride all battling for those next spots)

Plus, Fantasia's trend would have them winning. . .it's every other year (the even years) 00, 02, 04, 06, 08? <----I think so

I wouldn't be surprised if Fantasia set a new record... how awesome would that be?! 99.999 of course, the missing points are because they dont have a flag feature.

I'm not so sure, it wouldn't surprise me to see Pride in 4th, but they could be as high as 2nd. Right now. . .I say they are on the outside looking in. As much as I love this group, the show this year is just missing something. That said, I think Fantasia takes the Gold, easily. . . probably with at least a point spread on whoever is next. (Sac, NEI, Pride all battling for those next spots)

Plus, Fantasia's trend would have them winning. . .it's every other year (the even years) 00, 02, 04, 06, 08? <----I think so

I guess since this is the year of the "beauty show we've seen before" and we are lovin trends then Fantasia can win.

Their weapons need some good cleaning though, cause Pride will definitely have theirs on lock down by finals.

i could give a whit as to who "wins".

i'm in awe of the artisty,sophistication and stunning design qualities of both shows [pride/fantasia] and can't wait to see each program at it's absolute zenith come april!

kudos and much gratitute to the creators of these incredible works of art!

Edited by dugg