Blu-Ray DVDs: What would you be willing to spend?

Please read all the items below before voting  

82 members have voted

1. 1. What would you be willing to spend if the items below the poll were contained in one Blu-Ray disc?

• $100-$149
    • $150-$174
    • $175-$199
    • $200-$225

Just a note on the historical video - specifically the Legacy Collection. The video on the DVDs is heavily compressed and does not look very good to me. I assume they did this to keep costs down by being able to put the entire top 12 on a single DVD disc. The video tapes are better quality than the DVDs which was disappointing to me. HD aside, I would just like to have the Legacy Collection with uncompressed video.

So true. I have a VHS tape of the PBS broadcast from 1980, and it is MUCH better than the Legacy Collection DVD with the terrible compression artifacting.

About two years ago, I took that old VHS and captured it, did some minor noise filtering, went out to DVD and -- my DVD is still better than DCI's. That shouldn't be.

Way too much compression.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shooting in 1440 HD, editing on Final Cut on a 3-week-old MacBook Pro, with WD 1-TB extrnal RAID over Firewire 800.

Runs far better than I would have expected for a laptop!

That's the setup I'll be shooting for BD at DCI (except my laptop is 2 months old)! :)