February 23, 2008 Buglers Hall of Fame @ Skyliner Alumni

North American Regional Individual and Ensemble Competition

Great day of D&B.

Selden was my pick of the day.

Great sound.

Brassmen Alumni, Skyliner Alumni, Capital Brass & others filled the room with old school D&B.

Now some bragging from the Brooklyn United Director.

Brass instructor Rich Red Wardlow from BU took first place soprano/trumpet.

BU baritone Russell OMara took 3rd at his first shot as an individual on bari.

To top off everthing 2 members of BU play with the Romeo quartet.

They played many nice tunes.

Hats off to Col Joe & Tommy Martin.

The 2 BU members playing in Romeo quartet > Russell OMara on baritone

& Tony Menditto on contra.

Let us not forget Skippy Karol on chair set up for Romeo Quartet.

I will also be presenting Bob KID Bell with his BHOF medal.

I stoped by his headquarters after the show but no one was home.

Great day for all thanks to all that performed.

Special thanks to Ray Priester & Johnny Grass for putting this day together.

Looking for Corps to donate time to Music Under The Bridge @ Kingsborough Community College

this October. Only a couple of spots left so reply A.S.A.P. Date should be Saturday October 18th.

Edited by BROOKLYNUNITED

Thanks for your kind words Tom. We're certainly glad that everyone had a good time last Saturday. Grass and Anthony put in a bunch of time and effort on this and it was a rousing success.

We are looking forward to doing it again next year. Plan now to attend.

Ray

icon9.gif I'LL BE THERE.........

icon9.gif I'LL BE THERE.........

BRING A BU MINI CORPS NEXT YEAR!!!

:-)

Edited by ajlisko

I had a really good time. Too bad I had to split early to feed my kids (wife was spinnin with the B-men guard) Looking fwd to the Drumfest in Bayonne and the BHOF show in Bridgeport. It would be cool if there were more events like this, like there were back in the day when we would spend all day at the I & E shows and all night at the guard shows, It beats "putting it on the shelf" in the off season. :worthy:

I think that everyone involved can be very proud of the show that was presented.

The organizers all did a great job... from soup to nuts.

Andy handled the show like he's done this before. :worthy:

The performances were pretty incredible..., especially considering it's still the middle of the Winter!

Thanks for everything.. to Sky Alumni and the BHOF team!

Edited by brassomaniac

I think that everyone involved can be very proud of the show that was presented.

The organizers all did a great job... from soup to nuts.

Andy handled the show like he's done this before. :worthy:

The performances were pretty incredible..., especially considering it's still the middle of the Winter!

Thanks for everything.. to Sky Alumni and the BHOF team!

YAY for Sky Alumni and the BHOF ... I'm proud to be associated with both groups ... as is Johnny Grass ...

As far as future shows, we're on a roll right now with Bayonne and Bridgeport coming up in March ... maybe ... just maybe we could get Archie to host their NATIONALS again next year at their post on Marshall Rd in Upper Darby? ... WOW ... I just had a FLASHBACK!!!! ... and how about maybe BU ressurecting the Eastern Review show in Brooklyn with BellaRosa? ... YIKES! ... I think I just had a RUSH!!! ... and we all remember that famous St. Kevin's Invitational show up in Baahhhstonnnn ... what a hoot it would be to caravan up there! ... or to Mineola for the Sunrisers I&E - another staple from the 60's

The potential is endless ... all it takes is a crew ... a place ... a BAR ... and some planning ... don't forget ... the I&E circuit used to start in October and run through April ... lots of months there to spread out some shows ... and the mini-corps will be at full-throttle just after DCA ... so think about it ... hell ... I'll MC 'em all!!!!

Any "yes I've done this before" Lisko

... contact me anytime to discuss ... ajlisko@aol.com

YAY for Sky Alumni and the BHOF ... I'm proud to be associated with both groups ... as is Johnny Grass ...

As far as future shows, we're on a roll right now with Bayonne and Bridgeport coming up in March ... maybe ... just maybe we could get Archie to host their NATIONALS again next year at their post on Marshall Rd in Upper Darby? ... WOW ... I just had a FLASHBACK!!!! ... and how about maybe BU ressurecting the Eastern Review show in Brooklyn with BellaRosa? ... YIKES! ... I think I just had a RUSH!!! ... and we all remember that famous St. Kevin's Invitational show up in Baahhhstonnnn ... what a hoot it would be to caravan up there! ... or to Mineola for the Sunrisers I&E - another staple from the 60's

The potential is endless ... all it takes is a crew ... a place ... a BAR ... and some planning ... don't forget ... the I&E circuit used to start in October and run through April ... lots of months there to spread out some shows ... and the mini-corps will be at full-throttle just after DCA ... so think about it ... hell ... I'll MC 'em all!!!!

Andy,

hope you'll come up and MC for us in Albany... maybe late September or Early October?

Everyone will be fresh off off DCA I&E's.

Who's in?

Andy,

hope you'll come up and MC for us in Albany... maybe late September or Early October?

Everyone will be fresh off off DCA I&E's.

Who's in?

Atta boy Tom! ... I think late Sept is ideal ... stay away from Columbus Day weekend ... too many parade commitments for possible contestants and fans ... I'll be there as long as I'm not on vacation ... the sooner you lock in a venue and a date, the sooner people can make a commitment to participate/attend ...

This is gonna be so cool ... drum corps 12 months a year ... our own BACK TO THE FUTURE ... anyone wanna put me up? ... I don't think I can do the 3+ hr drive after my drink.. er ... uh ... MCing ... :worthy:

Andy "remember to pick a venue with a BAR" Lisko

Edited by ajlisko

"St Kevins I & E":

This was one of THE "Most Professionally Run" "Individual" contests "Back in the Day". If my memory serves me, the corps MEMBERS ran the contest. :worthy:

Again: A big "Hats Off" to EVERYONE connected with 'Bringing Back" events of this nature. :tic:

Elphaba