Predictions for Scholastic World?

Well, I just got back in to town yesterday .... traveling because of work. I just wanted you all to know that I have the best daughter and husband in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD! They surprised me with a trip to Dayton and amazing seats for Finals. My husband didn't even say a word as I yammered on and on about registering for the live webcast! Santa just might be very good to him this year and put some new golf clubs under the Christmas tree!

Well, all I can say is FLANAGAN FLANAGAN FLANAGAN!!!! But I'm sure that some of you knew that already. Please don't take this the wrong way but I TOLD YOU SO!!! I've also seen their JV guard and even with a young team next year Flanagan will still be in a top contender position.

Now .... Center Grove, Miamisburg and Choctaw.... awesome!! Even though Stoneman placed 14th at Finals they placed much, much higher in my heart!

FANTASIA!!! There are simply no words to describe them. 99.5 says it all!!! Pride of Cinncinnati, NEI, SCV and Braddock .... add me to your ever growing list of fans. I've seen Braddock perform live before (and yes, hip hop IS dance!) but I've only seen the others on RePlay but seeing them live was UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Every guard unit that attended WGI should be proud of themselves. Regardless of placement they have achieved something that the majority of young adults today could only dream of. Leadership skills, teamwork, perserverance, poise and memories that will last a lifetime are but a small part of what they will take away with them. They should also know that they performed for thousands and thousands of people who watched them as though nothing else in the world mattered. Rock stars ... every single one of them!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This post cracks me up. Just 2 years ago when Flanagan finished in 5th I believe, they had 22 BRAND NEW members out of 30. These were kids that hadn't even spun in their A guard, from what one of the members at the time was telling me (we lived in south Florida at that time and new a few of the kids). It's not the age or experience of the kids that matters-- it's how they're taught and their willingness to work hard toward a goal. Of course, having them since elementary school (Like Logan) or having a training guard (like most of the Scholastic World guards) helps as well.

This is semi-correct, just for the record books. Yes, I believe we only had 7-8 returning members for CRASH, but they had spun in the A guard the year before (except for the one freshmen). Everyone was talking about the fact that we wouldn't do well, and we actually did better than the year before.

It's not about who leaves, or who stays, it's about what you do about it. If you shrug your shoulders and give up, then you won't get anywhere, but if you push through and learn, then you'll get farther than you ever thought possible. Congrats to all the performers this year, the webcast was a pleasure to watch.

- Flanagan 05'-06'

I completely agree with you except for one thing.

last time I checked...

somewhere around 18 of Flanagans members are graduating!!!

Of course, their JV team is Tossing Fives (or so I've heard.)

I'm sure They'll be fine.

Actually, Flangan's graduating class of this year is 14 members, not 18. Not saying that's a small number... however their JV guard marched 35 members this winter! And from what I've heard, their JV seems to have the most potential out of any JV guard Flanagan's put out there.

A few of the girls in Flanagan's SW guard told me that they've all been taking the JV under their wing and working with them a lot to help prepare them for the upcoming season. I honestly don't doubt that they'll be able to make it happen next year.

Actually, Flangan's graduating class of this year is 14 members, not 18. Not saying that's a small number... however their JV guard marched 35 members this winter! And from what I've heard, their JV seems to have the most potential out of any JV guard Flanagan's put out there.

A few of the girls in Flanagan's SW guard told me that they've all been taking the JV under their wing and working with them a lot to help prepare them for the upcoming season. I honestly don't doubt that they'll be able to make it happen next year.

Oh, there's no doubt in my mind.

I know they can do it !!

I was just putting the number out there (:

Good lord, I didn't mean to start an entire debate about the topic. :sad:

Alls I was saying was that Flanagan's JV has got to step it up. They've got a championship title to defend and alumni to make proud, as well as acheiving their own personal goals.

I'm always a fan for an underdog and I think not only were they the underdogs this year, but they will be next season as well.

But no matter what, I'll be in the stands rooting them on! :sad:

That's Right! :sad:

It does play a part in the process. But both programs have great training, which you MUST have to pull of the show designs. Avon has some really great A class and Cadet class winter guards.

Good lord, I didn't mean to start an entire debate about the topic. :sad:

Alls I was saying was that Flanagan's JV has got to step it up. They've got a championship title to defend and alumni to make proud, as well as acheiving their own personal goals.

I'm always a fan for an underdog and I think not only were they the underdogs this year, but they will be next season as well.

But no matter what, I'll be in the stands rooting them on! :sad:

I really don't think you need to worry about them.

Was I the only one who did not understand Flanagan's show concept? The kids were very very talented (albeit they had multiple drops / breaks / half catches in finals) I just didn't understand what the floor / soundtrack etc had to do with the concept of post secret.

Was I the only one who did not understand Flanagan's show concept? The kids were very very talented (albeit they had multiple drops / breaks / half catches in finals) I just didn't understand what the floor / soundtrack etc had to do with the concept of post secret.

I was confused because I couldn't really understand the vocal track, but I think it was people telling secrets. The floor design was supposed to be samples of letters,post cards, e-mails that people sent in revealing secrets. The concept was based on websites that allows people to reveal secrets anonymously.

I was confused because I couldn't really understand the vocal track, but I think it was people telling secrets. The floor design was supposed to be samples of letters,post cards, e-mails that people sent in revealing secrets. The concept was based on websites that allows people to reveal secrets anonymously.

The floor was in fact made up of secrets that people from all over the country had sent in. Early in the season there was an article about the contest they were holding, here's the link: http://www.wgi.org/news_detail.php?id=1156

And I'm pretty sure the voice-overs were of people telling secrets. My favorite quote from the show, (the only one I remember, lol) is "You can't hold on to the past; you just have to look to the future."

The show was based off of a online community art project called PostSecret, started by Frank Warren, where people anonymously send in secrets on a postcard that they have never told anyone before. I won't incude a link because some secrets that people send in are sometimes a little... well... not family-friendly. But the blog is based on the idea that we all have secrets that we feel we can't let out because we know we'll be judged... so PostSecret is a way to let it all out and get the secrets off of your chest anonymously.

Frank Warren has created four compilations of the millions of secrets that he's been sent over the years, all of which have become New York Times bestsellers.

I've loved the concept of PostSecret since it began and was so excited when I heard that Flanagan's show was going to be based upon it!!! That said, I think they pulled it off rather well.

Just a little bit of background info for the uninformed :smile: