Ghost Riders prepare to invade Harrisburg

Just for Nick...I will play a "bugle" in GR this weekend.

Someone tell NICK that the term "soprano" refers to the voice charecterization and NOT the instrument he keeps calling a "soprano". The trumpet is also a "soprano" voice instrument. As is the flute...LMAO

Donny

You mean like Soprano, Alto, Tenor, Bass? VOICES? I hear VOICES.

The VOICES say: TRUMPET = BAND.........and..................... SOPRANO BUGLE = DRUMCORPS

Which one you in? BAND?

I AIN'T IN NO BAND!

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I be really confuse an' stuff. Is a Bach sopranino in G a trumpet or a bugle????? Do I have to go to Canada to be in a Drum & Trumpet Band????? Is the reference to the conical configuration of the cornet/bugle in G a 'smack' from the trumpet side???? If Nick goes Bb will chicks still dig him? If Donny plays a bugle will it be in G, and, if so will it be a Bach sopranino or a Kanstul powerbore??????

Iquiring minds, and the Joes', want to know!!!!!!!!!

Joe

(no, not THAT joe, the other Joe)

I am baffled....

Go tell the Blue Devils and the rest of DCI, Buccaneers and a good majority of DCA , that they are not a drum corps anymore, and go back to living in the past.

Then, after that, go try and get a gig playing the "soprano" anywhere in the world. You are only limiting your potential. I wonder if Jeff will use you on his gig, or maybe the Dave Stevens Big Band needs a "soprano".

If all you ever want to be is an Alumni corps soloist...you have certainly made your spot in history as that. BUT... dont get mad when anyone questions your musicianship, like you have with me when I did.

NICK has arrived!!!! He has mastered his craft!!!! He plays "soprano". And chicks dig him.

Wow...

.......swooning with rupture.............Joe, your clarity is exceeded only by the quality of your vibrato.....then I can truly feel good that the entire 'trumpet' line of CrossmenXtreme, playing on Bach Strad's still qualifies us as a drum corps. I will re-double my efforts at "doing good" at next rehearsal......maybe we will exceed our non-competitive brass limit and have a full 25-28 horns show up. This is good.........oh, does that also mean we can't accept a new members of the trumpet section unless he/she plays a Bach??????

......and does Nick know that he can still have chicks dig him if he plays Bb????? No, not plays a flat B....but as in tpt??

Joe

I am baffled....

Go tell the Blue Devils and the rest of DCI, Buccaneers and a good majority of DCA , that they are not a drum corps anymore, and go back to living in the past.

Then, after that, go try and get a gig playing the "soprano" anywhere in the world. You are only limiting your potential. I wonder if Jeff will use you on his gig, or maybe the Dave Stevens Big Band needs a "soprano".

If all you ever want to be is an Alumni corps soloist...you have certainly made your spot in history as that. BUT... dont get mad when anyone questions your musicianship, like you have with me when I did.

NICK has arrived!!!! He has mastered his craft!!!! He plays "soprano". And chicks dig him.

Wow...

His wife likes when he plays "Dont Cry for me Argentina" with vibrato on soprano. What else really matters, Joe?

I rest....

Donny

Joe!!!! You ARE the Joe!!!! Rest well my friend and tell those guys at MSJ that Joe says: "Do Good; Don't Suck"

His wife likes when he plays "Dont Cry for me Argentina" with vibrato on soprano. What else really matters, Joe?

I rest....

Donny

The guys did a very nice job. I watched a video of Saturday night's show and thought, if only we brought that to Harrisburg....nah, never mind.

D V