Bullfighter..a little help

we have a chart called "Bullfighter" very common, played at basketball games and such..

does anyone know the proper name for it? even your best guess

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you hum a few bars? :withstupid:

It wouldn't be Espana Cani would it aka "The Rumps"?

yes, I can hum it...ready? here we go (JK) I actually called the copyright powers that be and sang it to them...I was going to post at least a section of it but don't seem to know how to do that..

Drew our Director says yes it has "the rumps" in it so I think our problem's solved

Thanks guys :withstupid:

Is the first chord F# major, written for G bugles? You probably have the widely-circulated PR/2V chart written for a Racine Scout alumni corps in the 80s. The original, a half step higher, was written by Danny Christensen for the 1962 Scout corps.

The intro and ending are "Espana Cani". The rest of the tune is "La Virgen de la Macarena".

Does it sound anythng like this? Cabs Alumni, 2007: 'Bull Call,' and 'Macarena' opener:

Or, if it sounds something like this, the first part is the 'Espana Cani' "Rumps" fanfare (into "Espiritu Del Toro"):

Thanks for the help folks. found the chart name registered with Hal Leonard "Spanish Gypsy dance". Thanks to all the Cabs who helped out.

Mike Ryan, HCB

Thanks for the help folks. found the chart name registered with Hal Leonard "Spanish Gypsy dance". Thanks to all the Cabs who helped out.

Mike Ryan, HCB

we have a chart called "Bullfighter" very common, played at basketball games and such..

does anyone know the proper name for it? even your best guess

wouldnt be La Virgen de la Macarena would it?