When This Year's Show Reminds You of Last Year's Show

I watched a World Class Guard's show recently and it seemed like a new and improved version of last year's show. Now, I enjoyed last year's show a great deal but this one speaks to me more, likely because of the minimalism. But, is it good for your show to be so similar the following year, when it is not a sequel? The floor is the same color, the uniforms are the same color and the style of music is similar as well. Not to mention I see a few of the same equipment tricks.

Then again, I might be the only one who thinks it is similar. Regardless, I enjoyed the show.

So, whose show is it?? Avon's show is somewhat similar - using a similar style of music from last year, and doing the "slide" trick a couple times. As long as it is designed and performed well, I don't think it matters. Is this show you are referring to??

So, whose show is it?? Avon's show is somewhat similar - using a similar style of music from last year, and doing the "slide" trick a couple times. As long as it is designed and performed well, I don't think it matters. Is this show you are referring to??

No, not Avon, I was referring to Fantasia's show

No, not Avon, I was referring to Fantasia's show

So because it is minimalist and a few of the same tricks are employed, that makes it the same show as last year?

So because it is minimalist and a few of the same tricks are employed, that makes it the same show as last year?

I didn't say it was the same show, I said it was reminiscent, and last year's show was anything but minimalist. That show had Silver Flags, umbrellas, head pieces, and snow flying through the air. I think this show is minimal in comparison. The reasons I find it similar is;

1. Same floor color.....Black

2. Same Uniform Color..... White

3. SIMILAR music choice

4. A few of last years tricks too boot

Don't get me wrong, I love the show. I like it more than last years and i enjoyed last years show. I just find them rather similar almost too similar

on a related note, I just found out that a group I wrote some work for last year (helping a friend who is no longer the designer there) is doign the EXACT same show.....differnet uniforms, but doing the same work and same drill with the same kids. How do i know this? because I did the music edits and the band director emailed me to see if I still had the edited show music......

rumor is he told the kids to try and rememebr the work from last year so he didn't have to pay my friend to come back and reteach it.

I later saw them warming up in teh parking lot and they happened to be running throughthe rifle work that she and I wrote together. Yes, it's the EXACT same show. Should be interesting this year when we judge our own work!!!

Fantasia's show this year isn't so much like last years that it bothers me.

This years has more energy for me and NO FEATHERS!

Fantasia's head pieces were one of the best parts!! I'm thinking of putting my high school guard in head pieces just because : )