Fusion Building MOMENTUM

Logo_op_800x266.jpg

Haven't heard much from us lately, eh? Well...sometimes the old saying "no news is good news" is exactly correct! I'll give you the short version...

Fusion has been hosting camps with all sections of the corps twice a month, we've held a fundraiser to help us obtain new uniforms, the brass music is complete (and the percussion isn't far behind), and the general feeling around the corps is one of excitement and anticipation to get outside and start pulling this thing together visually and musically. We've expanded our staff, we're purchasing more instruments, and we plan on fielding our largest corps EVER in 2008! Of course, we're only in our second year...but still!

While so much change has taken place since Labor Day weekend, some things have remained the same. Last year, Fusion established themselves as an aggressive corps...one that was not afraid to take chances, but still wanted to entertain and put on a great show. This year we have a more aggressive program, but the work ethic, the leadership of our veteran members, and the desire to entertain AND be on the forefront of the activity is the same.

March, for most drum corps, means PARADES...and we have plenty of them coming up. Check out our schedule page at http://fusioncorenj.homestead.com/Schedule.html for more information on where you can see us performing this month.

We will be hosting a camp at Rahway HS on Saturday, March 29th, to be followed by an exhibition performance at the indoor colorguard show in Elmwood Park. We are still accepting members in all sections, and March 29th would be a great opportunity for you to sit in the rehearsal, do your thing, and see what we're all about. This will be our final scheduled indoor rehearsal of the 2008 season, so come on out, pick up a horn/drum/flag, and let's rock and roll.

Fusion is specifically looking for a tenor drum player and 2 baritone players. If you've done drum corps before and are looking to get back into it, or even if you've never done corps before but have always wanted to...heck, even if you don't know what drum corps is...we have a spot for you. Come on out, check it out, and let's have an amazing summer together!

For directions, schedule, information, etc...

http://fusioncorenj.homestead.com/Home.html

if you can't make it for March try April, right? I hope to visit on 4/13 after H'burg Forum.

I checked out your extended schedule

http://fusioncorenj.homestead.com/Tentativ...08_Schedule.pdf

Of course! Every rehearsal is an open rehearsal!

if you can't make it for March try April, right? I hope to visit on 4/13 after H'burg Forum.

I checked out your extended schedule

http://fusioncorenj.homestead.com/Tentativ...08_Schedule.pdf

Thanks Bein Green!!! It would be great to have you come down.

P.S: Reilly is great. We saw them in Wildwood a few years ago when I was with the Golden Eagles and you guys totally impressed me. I remember speaking to a few of you afterwards, particularly your mellophone soloist :tongue: .

Of course! Every rehearsal is an open rehearsal!

That's cool. I never understand why a corps would close a rehearsal ... having people watch is a great recruiting tool, and also give the corps one more opportunity to perform for people.