March Camp! Madison style, here we come.

Having 40 guard to go with the rest of that corps will be awesome. Really looking forward to this year's effort. Sounds like greased grooves once again in Mad City. Congrats to everyone involved in righting this ship. I'm sure there is always more to do, but, great job!

And for the many volunteers, alums, staff and members...way to go!

It will be wonderful to see Madison on Saturday night again.

I, too am looking forward to seeing the Scouts this summer - more than any other corps. I do think 40 prancers is about ten too many. Those ten would be better placed in the hornline. More volume + 30 "quality" guard members would be a better package.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, too am looking forward to seeing the Scouts this summer - more than any other corps. I do think 40 prancers is about ten too many. Those ten would be better placed in the hornline. More volume + 30 "quality" guard members would be a better package.

I'll pay $50 to see you walk up to the guard after finals and call them prancers to their face. I will gladly pay it to watch you as you run away.

I'll pay $50 to see you walk up to the guard after finals and call them prancers to their face. I will gladly pay it to watch you as you run away.

Add my $50

yeah the heart has been there for awhile.

Now they have a Mayan number glyph (two bars and three dots) it means 13. Each bar is 5 and each dot is 1.

Has the heart been on the bottom?? I thought it was on the story about 'Carmen' getting her man

Add my $50

I mean no disrespect to the Scouts' guard individually - I call all guard members "prancers" because no corps' guard ever marches any more... They all just "prance" from one spot to another. Prancing is not marching. Female or male - I haven't seen any guard actually march in years. I still think 30 is a much better GUARD number for any corps, and they should spend the entire show with either a rifle or a flag.

I mean no disrespect to the Scouts' guard individually - I call all guard members "prancers" because no corps' guard ever marches any more... They all just "prance" from one spot to another. Prancing is not marching. Female or male - I haven't seen any guard actually march in years. I still think 30 is a much better GUARD number for any corps, and they should spend the entire show with either a rifle or a flag.

And honestly, that is why I'm glad you're merely a "fan" and not running any current drum corps.

Well, good for you. I do put money into the Scouts every season and buy my overpriced tickets so get over it. :thumbup::thumbup::devil:

And never did I question your putting money into the Scouts or your attendance but thanks for that glance into your life. However, my comment was talking about your way of thinking. Never did I say "Wow, you're so dumb for thinking that" but merely "I'm glad with your way of thinking (especially to have the stones to call the guard "prancers") that you're not currently running a drum corps". So in the spirit of a person who is unable to express their thoughts in meaningful discussion, get over it.