The BEST show you never saw!

Okay then.. Ifigured someone would have saud this by now:

1975 Muchachos -prelims - I heard their last tune from the parking lot but just missed them. Then they weren't in finals.

the muchachos had a winterguard?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best show I've seen in person was Blue Devils Summertimez in 1996

the muchachos had a winterguard?

Sorry... nevermind

I didn't know Color Guard had a Planet.

good show....also done by BD on the field that summer......

another you really should add is Escapade 95!

Already have that one on Vol. II of the "Fans' Favorites" DVDs. I'm sort of filling in the blanks now with the "On Demand" DVDs. Still trying to decide between BD '95 or '97. For some reason, I have very little of '97 in my DVD collection, so I may go that way.

Speaking of filling in the blanks (and getting back to something close to the original topic): I'd never seen 27th Lancers' winter guard from '88 and '89 till I ordered those shows on my most recent "On Demand" DVD ... mainly out of curiosity to see what they'd done. I figured they'd be good on equipment (when weren't they?), but was very pleasantly surprised at how innovative and ethereal they were!

Edited by byline

2004 Northern Lights

By the way, does anyone know why Northern Lights' show is available only in the high-cam version? I'm not complaining, just wondering.

Edited by byline

Speaking of filling in the blanks (and getting back to something close to the original topic): I'd never seen 27th Lancers' winter guard from '88 and '89 till I ordered those shows on my most recent "On Demand" DVD ... mainly out of curiosity to see what they'd done. I figured they'd be good on equipment (when weren't they?), but was very pleasantly surprised at how innovative and ethereal they were!

Hey Sue,

Interesting tidbit - The guys who wrote those great Lancer shows in '88 & '89 were also the masterminds behind Sonnor from '90 to '94

Later,

Mike

By the way, does anyone know why Northern Lights' show is available only in the high-cam version? I'm not complaining, just wondering.

Sometimes its at the request of the guard. Blessed Sac '89 was also only on high cam. I guess they feel that the show can only really be appreciated by viewing it this way.

Later,

Mike

Interesting tidbit - The guys who wrote those great Lancer shows in '88 & '89 were also the masterminds behind Sonnor from '90 to '94

Ah, now it's coming together! As I've said before, there's something about Sonnor that I've always loved. I have all your various shows on DVD now ... those that are available, anyway. I'm really hoping some of the other classes get added on so that I can get them, too. My husband and I went to Northeast Regionals in Syracuse in '99 (my first live show since WGI finals in '87), and Sonnor was our favorite guard there. (Music was "St. Matthew's Passion," I believe?) If that one ever gets added to the "On Demand" list, I'm snatching it up!

Sometimes its at the request of the guard. Blessed Sac '89 was also only on high cam. I guess they feel that the show can only really be appreciated by viewing it this way.

I'd been wondering about Blessed Sac that year, too. It makes sense, as shows really are better appreciated from the highest view. After all, that's the vantage point from which they're staged. I didn't realize that the guards could make that stipulation, though. Interesting.

Now I'm debating: For my last choice: 2005 San Jose Raiders mixed- or high-cam, LOL? :thumbdown:

there's something about Sonnor that I've always loved.

Hey Sue,

tell you what. We're working on a project now to try and get every single Sonnor show onto one DVD (all 23 years of them). Having a documented history of all our shows would just be cool.

So - if we can get it done (and I think we can as we're pretty sure every year is somewhere on VHS or DVD) - I'll let you know and send you a copy!

Later,

Mike