SA and SO Predictions

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i predict that laporte h.s. from indiana will be very well received,they have a total package demonstrating depth,great design qualities,emotion and did i mention the kids can spin.

director/designer rick quarles has given us many excellent shows throughout the years and this one is truly exceptional.try not to miss it!

Edited by dugg

i predict that laporte h.s. from indiana will be very well received,they have a total package demonstrating depth,great design qualities,emotion and did i mention the kids can spin.

director/designer rick quarles has given us many excellent shows throughout the years and this one is truly exceptional.try not to miss it!

I concur. . .LaPorte's show is my favorite SA show!

J'adore Northmont in SO and hope they can finally get the gold. . . also I'm a big fan of Cooper City's show. .

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

I saw Mount Carmel from San Diego a couple weeks ago and they were AMAZING!!!! I think they will turn alot of heads. I find it funny no one is talking about them here. This is a very will put togather show and the performers are very believable. The best thing about this show is, it's not BORING put me to sleep colorguard. It was well worth the 7 hour drive to see them. Thanks Mount Carmel. :ninja:

I saw Mount Carmel from San Diego a couple weeks ago and they were AMAZING!!!!I find it funny no one is talking about them here.

You are on a predominantly East Coast/Midwest Forum here.

From what I've seen, Americas and Chino could make it interesting.

I saw Chino really early in the season, and they changed up a part of their show for West Regional.

Well, maybe before that, but I that was the next time I saw them.

I saw Mount Carmel from San Diego a couple weeks ago and they were AMAZING!!!! I think they will turn alot of heads. I find it funny no one is talking about them here. This is a very will put togather show and the performers are very believable. The best thing about this show is, it's not BORING put me to sleep colorguard. It was well worth the 7 hour drive to see them. Thanks Mount Carmel. :ninja:

Thank you!! I thought that I had seen Mt. Carmel's show and wasn't all that impressed, so after your post I went back to give it another look.. .and to my surprise, it wasn't the show I was thinking of. I have to say this is one fantastic show. I had a smile on my face the entire time . .I don't care how many times I hear it (and I may be weird) but I just love that music from Amelie. I think Mt. Carmel's show does have a very distinct point of view and is deisgned really well. I think they should make finals in A, but won't contend for medal. . . however, they probably will have the biggest crowd response of all the SA finalist guards. This show really draws in the audience. One thing I didn't care for, was 7 girls sitting out for the ending flag feature. . .other than that, one of the most entertaining groups I've seen in SA and that's seeing it performed on video. . .I can't wait to see it live. Thanks again!!

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

This is hard, and believe it or not I actually went through alot of Replay to figure this out. (I have a very boring job with tons of computer time)

SO:

1. Northmont

2. West Orange

3. Freedom

4. West Johnston

5. South Brunswick

6. Americas

7. Oak Ridge

8. Chino

9. Mechanicsburg

10. Maconaquah

11. King Philip

12. Lake Central

13. Marian Catholic

14. Oak Grove

15. Santaluces

SA: (These were all over the place and I watched like every finalist to get my opinion)

1. Flower Mound

2. Wakefield

3. LaPorte

4. Odessa

5. Pope

6. Mt. Carmel

7. Lincoln Way

8. Colonial

9. Kokomo

10. Cypress Creek

11. Kell

12. Hinsdale Central

13. Spanish River

14. University

15. Riverbank

Just my opinions, tried to ignore rankings and looked more at what I saw on Replay.

There is one SA group that gets overlooked because they only did one regional very early in the season. Passaic HS. They have been doing very well locally and I think they just may surprise some folks... :ninja: