WGI

how many DCA groups are drumming and spinning in the winter?

DCA Groups in the Midwest:

• Chops Inc. Winter Guard made their first trip to WGI/Dayton this year, placing 22nd in IW Class Prelims

• Govenaires Winter Guard were 2008 Northstar Circuit IW Champions

• MBI Winter Guard placed 3rd in 2008 Northstar Circuit IW

• MBI Drumline placed 9th in WGI Percussion Independent Marching Open class, and won IO Division at Minnesota Percussion Association Championship

I assume these winter groups from DCA corps conform to whatever WGI/circuit age rules for IO/IW Class. Anybody know? Are they all really just that young?

It was great to see Santa Clara and Phantom back in WGI. And Lake Erie Regiment is also back -- as a WGI winterguard. Americanos and Velocity Winterguard joined forces this season.

I'd sure like to see more DCI and DCA corps take on winter programs.

Legend Independent, a subsidiary of Music City Legend, placed 7th in PIA class at WGI this season, also winning the Nashville Regional and placing second at the Indy Regional.

GCS has a Winterguard that went, but I'm not sure of their ranking.

Legend Independent, a subsidiary of Music City Legend, placed 7th in PIA class at WGI this season, also winning the Nashville Regional and placing second at the Indy Regional.

I was wondering if you guys were connected!

Frontier has a sister guard in our organization, TXI, which took 3rd in NTCA. A respectable score for a first year guard as well.

CorpsVets had an Independent A winter guard this year called Atlantis Performance Ensemble. The competed at WGI World Championships and made semifinals. We were VERY pleased :) The group also made finals at the Pensicola and Atlanta regionals. And they were the silver medalist at the SAPA (Southern Association of Performing Arts) Championships.

Edited by CVGuardGuy

I assume these winter groups from DCA corps conform to whatever WGI/circuit age rules for IO/IW Class. Anybody know? Are they all really just that young?

WGI has no age restriction for the winter guards, however the drumlines are 22 and under.

I think Aimaichi is the only exception to the under 22 rule for the drumlines.

WGI has no age restriction for the winter guards, however the drumlines are 22 and under.

I think Aimaichi is the only exception to the under 22 rule for the drumlines.

WGI has no age restriction on guards for the Independent World class only. If you have people over the age of 22, you have to go Independent World no matter what.