Fever Inactive for 08.

I have received an email from the Brass caption head stating that Fever will be inactive for the summer of 2008.

At this time the corps does not know if they will be able to make a return for 2009.

Very sad day for open class corps.

:thumbs-up:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as sad as it is, i'm not surprised.

i love Fever wholeheartedly; i hope the corps can come back next year.

sigh ....

... but the activity is as strong as ever, as I'm sure we'll all be reminded .... (/sarcasm). How many more before the storyline runs thin?

Best of luck to Fever -- I hope you can buck the trend and return stronger!!!

sigh ....

... but the activity is as strong as ever, as I'm sure we'll all be reminded .... (/sarcasm). How many more before the storyline runs thin?

Is this an organizational management issue or something sinister dealt unto them by the Evil Empire known as DCI?

Is this an organizational management issue or something sinister dealt unto them by the Evil Empire known as DCI?

Nothing says the causes have to be limited to those two options, or be exclusively only one or the other ....

(and just to be clear ... "Evil Empire" were your words, not mine :thumbs-up: )

Edited by Liam

Nothing says the causes have to be limited to those two options, or be exclusively only one or the other ....

(and just to be clear ... "Evil Empire" were your words, not mine :thumbs-up: )

But your original post in this thread implied they were taking a year off due to something external, which may be true, but something unknown to most of us at this time.

But your original post in this thread implied they were taking a year off due to something external, which may be true, but something unknown to most of us at this time.

Well, not what I was trying to imply -- sorry if it came off that way. But it's clear (to me anyway) that there is something amiss in this wonderful activity of ours that is causing corps to "inactivate" more than activate. Whether the causes for any single instance are internal or external or (more likely, imo) some combination thereof -- how many more instances do we have to suffer before we decide to look at overarching solutions instead of writing off each instance as an anomaly in our "growing" activity?. That's all I was going for :thumbs-up:

Well, not what I was trying to imply -- sorry if it came off that way. But it's clear (to me anyway) that there is something amiss in this wonderful activity of ours that is causing corps to "inactivate" more than activate. Whether the causes for any single instance are internal or external or (more likely, imo) some combination thereof -- how many more instances do we have to suffer before we decide to look at overarching solutions instead of writing off each instance as an anomaly in our "growing" activity?. That's all I was going for :thumbs-up:

. . .and I agree. Thanks for clarifying.

All fine and well, Liam... and although you're not calling out DCI specifically, your inference regarding the spin doctoring is that poor little old Fever can't possibly be at fault for its own demise.

The "Activity" is only as strong as the sum of its parts. If corps are poorly managed, The Activity will suffer... no doubt. BUT, whether its DCI, DCA, Alumni Corps, or corps from other continents, I can't help but wonder when ANYONE on DCP or any of the other fabulous pot-shot taking fan forums will start posting the famous, bleeding-heart "It's a sad day for drum corps" threads when another well-intentioned group of folks try to START to run a high-risk non profit CORPORATION without the proper skill set and necessary business acumen, rather than after the corps folds from ineptitude.

Edited by EndzoneEric