Pioneer Brass Openings

I don't know why you would think 42 horns would be a deterent. I would certainly be more upset thinking someone was leading me on and having a dream number. I think the organisation is sound but it needs to be comfortable with what it's status is.

I understand your statement about someone not trying out for another groups if they did not make thier 1st choice but with the cost of any drum corps being more than $1000 and most more than $1500, some one considering marching will need to make decisions based on thier long term plans as well as short term. Some people may not feel they will get what they personally want or need from any other group than the one they initially chose. That doesn't necessarily mean a group has better or worse staff, members or anything else. Lots of time a student will wait a year and re audition at thier school of choice if they don't make it the 1st time. It is really no different.

I do agree it is hard to be competative if you are substancially smaller than those around you and that is a problem DCI may need to address, perhaps witan Elite Class then a World then an Open or perhaps DCA or some other group should pick up that ball. Saying things like helpoing a corps keep going another year does not serve the corps or the confidence of those considering it well.

I hope the corps does very well. Give people the facts and if they want to be there they will come.

All of your points are well taken and believe it, the corps and horn line are gaining quality membership daily. It just has been frustrating in the recruitment for this years corps with all of the BIG corps going to 150 members.

The brass membership is of good quality albeit a smaller line than I wanted to have. I and the rest of the staff has been working hard to guarantee a good quality of corps that the fans will enjoy. We have brand new equipment for the brass and percusssion lines. We have quality arrangers and instructional staff. The corps travels and eats very well on tour. The corps owns its own transportation. Those are also the facts.

With the depletion of the corps that Pioneer has been competing against in the last 3 years, ( Magic, Cap. Reg, Esperanza, Kiwanis Kavaliers, and more recently Southwind and Cascades), I do not believe that my comment about staying alive for another year is meant to push anyone away, in fact it was meant to say that a student that becomes a Pioneer can make a difference. I am proud that Pioneer will be on the field in 2008. I didnt mean it to sound in any way negative. A Pioneer student will learn a great deal about this activity, and life in general. They will also make friends that they will always remember through their adult life.

I also hope that you get the opportunity to veiw the corps this summer.

Donny

My prediction: 2008 will be an EXCELLENT year for the Pioneer hornline.

I agree! If you haven't looked into the Pioneer organization...you will be missing out on the 2008 season! It's going to be a great one!

Brandon

Pioneer Pit Tech 2007-2008

Bump for the good of the order. There are still opportunities to have a great summer on tour.

Call the office 414 327 2847

http://www.pioneer-corps.org

or email me at donnymusic1@hotmail.com

Donny Allen

Pioneer Brass Caption Head

Bump. May Camp is coming up soon! May 23rd-26th....I believe move-ins are during the following week for all those who can make it, some people are still finishing up school.

Thanks!