Sad news...

Jak

i LOVE aimachi. i have also heard they're returning this season. Seishi was here in 04, the percussion in 06, their guard in 07, their percussion in 08, so let's just bring the guard back in 09. i love them.

We are talking about bringing them over for the 09 season, but nothing is set in stone yet. After the percussion ensemble left Dayton, they went back to Japan, and then left on a performance trip to China. So they've been kind of busy! 2009 is a possibility though.

Thanks for the nice words!

Michael

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good news travels fast,this just in :tongue: .......i understand that the amazing aimachi winter guard will attend wgi 2009! :tongue:

the possibility of a guard from outside of north america winning the gold is absolutely titillating!

Edited by dugg

good news travels fast,this just in :tongue: .......i understand that the amazing aimachi winter guard will attend wgi 2009! :tongue:

the possibility of a guard from outside of north america winning the gold is absolutely titillating!

If Aimachi takes gold, which is a very real possibility, then Renaissance Vanguard among others shouldn't be far behind IMHO.

EDIT I'm no longer affiliated with any Japanese groups, for those who were asking by PM. I'm just saying...the JMBA/DCJ kahunas would no longer have any reason not to cross the Pacific.

Edited by wtxcg

good news travels fast,this just in :doh: .......i understand that the amazing aimachi winter guard will attend wgi 2009! :tongue:

You know - as much as I love Aimachi, the more I watch the 2007 DVD - the more I feel that we were all taken in by the beauty of the performance and the members (not to mention the baton tricks) - but I don't think they should have higher than 5th or 6th (although in Dayton I fully agreed with their 3rd place finish).

Later,

Mike

You know - as much as I love Aimachi, the more I watch the 2007 DVD - the more I feel that we were all taken in by the beauty of the performance and the members (not to mention the baton tricks) - but I don't think they should have higher than 5th or 6th (although in Dayton I fully agreed with their 3rd place finish).

Last April, I would've disagreed with you . . . strenuously. Having watched the DVD a few times, I'm really, really torn, but am leaning more and more toward your conclusion.

Last April, I would've disagreed with you . . . strenuously. Having watched the DVD a few times, I'm really, really torn, but am leaning more and more toward your conclusion.

I know -it even hurt for me to write it - I was in love with them at finals last year. I didn't even thnk that Blessed Sac should have tied them.

BTW Sue - haven't forgotten you - we are almost done collecting all the Sonnor shows (still need to find 3 years).

Later,

Mike

i recall with amusement that certain people were just shocked and completely appalled with with the very idea of aimachi tieing with sac and the argument still continues! :doh:

it touched off a maelstrom of controversy and angry e-mails and eventually wgi was compelled to reveiw and clarify it's attitude on equipment judges crediting batons. :tongue:

Edited by dugg

BTW Sue - haven't forgotten you - we are almost done collecting all the Sonnor shows (still need to find 3 years).

Woo, hoo! 02snoopy.gif

Is the talk of Fantasia not coming out in 2009 a fact, or is just speculation? Has there been any announcement made? Also what happened to San Jose? They took 2006 off, back in 2007, and then not heard from in 2008.