En Garde, we hardly knew ye...

This may be a question for another thread, but do you think the atmosphere in CA could support 4 All-age corps? From my seat in the Midwest/South it seems that 'Gades, Dream, Kingsmen and En Garde have the potemtial to exhibit four very different personas, and that all have something to offer potential members. Are there members enough to go around?

I believe there are enough potential members to support 4 Srs....even if 3 of them are in SoCal. There's about 30 miles of separation between EG and SCD....a bit more between us and Kmen, so we're not really encroaching on each other (one of the reasons I set up in Granada Hills). We have a TON of ageouts and vets out here who didn;t have a place to march until the Srs cropped up. The trick is getting them to come off the fence and help build the program.

When I was in Dream, we had a VERY stable brass line....it was pretty much the same 20 people with a few chages from year to year...but I don;t think the new guys came out in any numbers until after we won Class A brass in 06.....and that's what's irritating...waiting for people to decide to join an established group, when those same people could speed UP that establishment.

Srs also have some concerns the Jrs don't. In 06, the openning soloist for Dream was going to be VK legend John McCoy...but a family issue came up and he had to leave for the year (which is how Bob Briggs got the exposed solo and I eventually got the one buried in the blockl on the first push, although that was only for DCA). This is a concern jrs usually don't get, but srs often do....them's the breaks.

Thanks, Eddie. What sucks is if everyone who attended at least one rehearsal had stuck around, we'd be fine...

Wait a socond, I thought that only happened here in Kansas. The Silver Sabres had similiar stuff happen when they tried to start up again. We have had the same thing happen to us. We finally have a solid core of people for our Senior/All Age group.

We are at 14 regulars now with a couple sporadics and a bunch of lerkers.

Good luck and I hope you come back as a Senior/All Age Corps. You could always spin off a Junior Corps Later. :thumbup:

Edited by Kansan

Wait a socond, I thought that only happened here in Kansas. The Silver Sabres had similiar stuff happen when they tried to start up again. We have had the same thing happen to us. We finally have a solid core of people for our Senior/All Age group.

We are at 14 regulars now with a couple sporadics and a bunch of lerkers.

Good luck and I hope you come back as a Senior/All Age Corps. You could always spin off a Junior Corps Later. :thumbup:

Heh....maybe the three of us should pull a "Yamato" and split the show in top three groups....thengegt together for DCA!!!