Drum heads, especially bass

davland

I love Evans bass heads, and Remo for Snare and Tenor.

But that's just me.

We've been using Remo Powermax's, and I like them a lot - they come pre-muffled, so that's one less thing to worry about.

Mike

Quoted for Truth. These heads are amazing and many groups I know and work with now use these.

We've been using Remo Powermax's, and I like them a lot - they come pre-muffled, so that's one less thing to worry about.

Mike

:tongue:

Mike

yep,.................some folks tend to over muffle,..............since we got these, I'd never turn back..................

Evans? Remo? Pearl? I have a band of about 26 winds, with a battery of 2/1/3. Any recommendations on heads? It's time to spend some money.

I prefer the sound of Aquarian tenor heads to the Remos.

I just put Aquarian heads on one of our snares, though I've not had the chance to finish tuning and play it. (Rehearsal tomorrow will remedy that.) Note that I'm using a mylar batter head, so if you're looking for kevlar, my experience won't be much help.

I've yet to play around with any bass heads to make comparisons.

For bass Evens EMAD is pretty sweet, too.

I played on Aquarian Superkick 3s for outdoor and it was pretty nice. (On bass.)