The Official 2008 Madison Scouts Discussion Thread

Chris K. ,

Thanks again Brother for all you do !!!!! :thumbup::thumbup::lol:

It was good to meet your Dad. ( I think it was in Dallas ) Everything runs together when your on tour.

I spoke with Frankie at their lunch break. They are Cleanin' ! His spirits were good and he said that they were on a mission ! He said it was a great day there for practice, cloudy, mist of rain every now and then. The Guy's are really getting into performing for the fan's. He said he could not wait till tonight when he can put that SUPERMAN suit back on !!!!

Tom,

Sorry I missed you in NM. I was stuck with the suivie van in Co. Maybe next time !

More later,

Bill

GO SCOUTS !!!

Edited by Bill L.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When my brother and I graduated from high school, we were each given a $100 bill. We used that money to buy a pair of one way bus tickets across the country where we were taken in by some generous family, strangers to us. They allowed us to sleep in their home for 2 weeks, make a mess of their bathroom and eat all of their Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

Then, when all day rehearsals started, someone (don't know who) put us up in an apartment near the practice field, we didn't pay a dime.

The $75 bus tickets left us with only a combined $50 to buy food, it ran out pretty fast. For about 2 1/2 days we lived off a jar of peanut butter that we ate from a spoon, we only had to survive until tour but that was still weeks away. When the corps director found out we had nothing to eat, someone (don't know who) bought us a huge box of grocery's and another family took us out to eat.

After finals, our buses were loaded and bound for the corps home but they would not be passing through our state. I remember standing in the parking lot wondering how we were going to get home, then, someone (can't remember who) arranged a ride home for us on another corps buses.

I cherish the memory of my drum corps experience more and more every season. I could say that we (my brother and I) were lucky but in reality, getting to march was not luck at all, those experiences were made possible by others.

We were shown a lot of generosity and I've never given anything back until today.

pbj.jpg

For the next 2 weeks, instead of eating out for lunch, I'll have pb&j at my desk to help offset the cost of my small contribution. While everyone in the office is having Chinese or whatever, I'll be thinking about...anyway, make yourself a jelly sandwich for lunch tomorrow, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Edited by zentropa

ZENTROPA,

You da man :thumbup: :thumbup: :lol: :lol: :worthy:

and thanks!!

When my brother and I graduated from high school, we were each given a $100 bill. We used that money to buy a pair of one way bus tickets across the country where we were taken in by some generous family, strangers to us. They allowed us to sleep in their home for 2 weeks, make a mess of their bathroom and eat all of their Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

Then, when all day rehearsals started, someone (don't know who) put us up in an apartment near the practice field, we didn't pay a dime.

The $75 bus tickets left us with only a combined $50 to buy food, it ran out pretty fast. For about 2 1/2 days we lived off a jar of peanut butter that we ate from a spoon, we only had to survive until tour but that was still weeks away. When the corps director found out we had nothing to eat, someone (don't know who) bought us a huge box of grocery's and another family took us out to eat.

After finals, our buses were loaded and bound for the corps home but they would not be passing through our state. I remember standing in the parking lot wondering how we were going to get home, then, someone (can't remember who) arranged a ride home for us on another corps buses.

I cherish the memory of my drum corps experience more and more every season. I could say that we (my brother and I) were lucky but in reality, getting to march was not luck at all, those experiences were made possible by others.

We were shown a lot of generosity and I've never given anything back until today.

pbj.jpg

For the next 2 weeks, instead of eating out for lunch, I'll have pb&j at my desk to help offset the cost of my small contribution. While everyone in the office else is having Chinese or whatever, I'll be thinking about...anyway, make yourself a jelly sandwich for lunch tomorrow, you'll know what I'm talking about.

What a great story! I have tears in my eyes.... thank you for your inspiring words and most of all the sacrifice of eating PB&J to help the corps!

What a great story! I have tears in my eyes.... thank you for your inspiring words and most of all the sacrifice of eating PB&J to help the corps!

Wow... ditto that... great story!

Just spotted the DCP caption rankings, with the Scouts breaking back into the twelve!

YAY! Keep it up (and UP and UP!)!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :worthy::lol:

Zentropa,

This story sounds alot like my last year in drum corps, ( 1982 ). I remember Scout S. telling me, " It's ok man. You'll have it someday. Just give back like some have gave for you. "

As an Alum. and a parent of a current Scout, Thanks from the bottom of my heart !

Bill Leslie

GO SCOUTS !!!

Zentropa,

This story sounds alot like my last year in drum corps, ( 1982 ). I remember Scout S. telling me, " It's ok man. You'll have it someday. Just give back like some have gave for you. "

Bill Leslie

GO SCOUTS !!!

Wow Bill, I remember Scott telling me the same thing way back in the day.

It took me 30 years to get off my ### but as they say better late that never.