Gas prices and it's affect on corps

Hey guys ...

With the Blue Stars' Tour de France themed show this summer, do you think they might save some moolah and cycle to and from events? Very GREEN of them, wouldn't you say?

Hey guys ...

With the Blue Stars' Tour de France themed show this summer, do you think they might save some moolah and cycle to and from events? Very GREEN of them, wouldn't you say?

Tour de France, reallY??? That's soooo cool!!

Still doesn't change my mind on previous comments. Serious about the cool part.

Removed the political content from the thread. Please refer to our guildelines.

Better edit Tekk's reply, too. Sorry, Tekk/Geoff/everyone.

It's really a bummer this year.. I'm interested in drum corps more than I ever have been, and they take away the annual show in my town.. :tongue:

I took the past years for granted. I would always think "oh yeah, I'll check it out next year," or leave halfway through the event! They may have canceled it due to gas prices. It will be missed..

It's really a bummer this year.. I'm interested in drum corps more than I ever have been, and they take away the annual show in my town.. :tongue:

What town? It seems like with all the events DCI usually has if one is not where it usually is from year to year, there is something else somewhat close.

I use this thing on the DCI website a lot when the schedule comes out every year to see what's doable for me:

Google Maps Show Finder

This summer fo sure is looking pretty sweet, hope you can make it out somewhere live!!! If not maybe there will be a movie theater close to you to check out the Quarterfinals movie live broadcast if DCI is doing that again this year. Wouldn't this be their 5th year of doing that movie theater thing?

What town? It seems like with all the events DCI usually has if one is not where it usually is from year to year, there is something else somewhat close.

I use this thing on the DCI website a lot when the schedule comes out every year to see what's doable for me:

Google Maps Show Finder

This summer fo sure is looking pretty sweet, hope you can make it out somewhere live!!! If not maybe there will be a movie theater close to you to check out the Quarterfinals movie live broadcast if DCI is doing that again this year. Wouldn't this be their 5th year of doing that movie theater thing?

Enid, Oklahoma. It was pretty sweet, many top 5 corps would visit and play every year (they might have shut it down due to revenue).. I might catch the one in Hutchinson, Kansas. Maybe Wichita as well.

Oh and the theater thing sounds pretty sweet! Hope they do that.

Enid, Oklahoma. It was pretty sweet, many top 5 corps would visit and play every year (they might have shut it down due to revenue).. I might catch the one in Hutchinson, Kansas. Maybe Wichita as well.

Oh and the theater thing sounds pretty sweet! Hope they do that.

Wichita might not be too bad, about 90+ miles, but a pretty sweet lineup there with Cadets, the Troop, Academy, Xmen and the Glassmen. The Cadets will be on fire I'm sure, but wouldn't be pretty sweet to see a corps like the Academy shake it up and go toe to toe with them?

From what little i know about the DCI scheduling, it seems like a lot of times if there isn't a show somewhere in a given year, it's more of a "connect-the-dots" issue getting corps from one show to the next in a logical path. Might have been a little easier to get the Enid show together when all the corps were heading west to Pasadena.

Awesome that you're trying to get somewhere to see a show. I know I'm jonesin' for the season to start!!!

hopkins talks about this in his blog somewhere, i remember reading through it and don't remember the details, but something like they had a budget for 4.00 a gallon, then again for 4.50 and it was an crazy amount then. i think like an extra 8000 a vehicle or something, which is crazy.