Boston Crusaders 2008 (un)Official Thread

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me If I'm wrong as I'm new on here, but couldn't you go to their website to get info, ie uniforms, music being played this year or whatnot ?

It seems to me that if I had a question or two of a Corps that perhaps if I went to the Corps website, registered and then posed my question(s) there, that somebody in the know on there would be able to assist me with my question(s). Most Corps I'd imagine would be only too happy to provide you info if it was for public consumption. They'd probably enjoy hearing of your support and interest in their Corps.

Just my 2 cents worth anyway.

Edited by BRASSO

Correct me If I'm wrong as I'm new on here, but couldn't you go to their website to get info, ie uniforms or whatnot ?

It seems to me that if I had a question or two of a Corps that perhaps if I went to the Corps website, registered and then posed my question(s) there, that somebody in the know on there would be able to assist me with my question(s). Most Corps I'd imagine would be only too happy to provide you info if it was for public consumption. They'd probably enjoy hearing of your support and interest in their Corps.

Just my 2 cents worth anyway.

What would the point of DCP be then?

Also, some info isn't necessarily released on corps sites, nor are all corps on the ball about being current on their sites (I haven't been to BaC's site, so I couldn't tell you if that's the case here....)

*shrug* guess that's all I have to say about that (this is one of those times that the desire to have a set of forrest gump emoticons is overwhelming)

Just FYI - BAC has been very quiet about their goings on. All I can say is "LOOK OUT". They are going to rock the house this year. If you wanted information on the show, check out Field Pass on DCI from last week sometime (or the week before, I can't remember) there were two days of interviews with Tom Spataro, the Director, and a little sound bite of their closer. Really cool. JMHO.

Just FYI - BAC has been very quiet about their goings on. All I can say is "LOOK OUT". They are going to rock the house this year. If you wanted information on the show, check out Field Pass on DCI from last week sometime (or the week before, I can't remember) there were two days of interviews with Tom Spataro, the Director, and a little sound bite of their closer. Really cool. JMHO.

Very true. Every corps has their own style. Some will release info on their show as early as October, but BAC usually likes to hold back until the last minute. That's just the way they do it.

What would the point of DCP be then?

Also, some info isn't necessarily released on corps sites, nor are all corps on the ball about being current on their sites (I haven't been to BaC's site, so I couldn't tell you if that's the case here....)

*shrug* guess that's all I have to say about that (this is one of those times that the desire to have a set of forrest gump emoticons is overwhelming)

Well, it seems to me that DCP provides a broader discussion format across the whole panorama of the Drum Corps movement, both Junior, Senior, Alumni, and historical Corps, etc.

A website on a Corps is geared principally to that Corps and it would seem to me to be able to possibly answer a specific question regarding that Corps uniform changes, music being played, etc. perhaps better than a forum such as DCP.

As a matter of fact, I went to DCI. org a few moments ago...clicked on Boston Crusaders, got their website, and without even registering, they mentioned Field Pass, and you could go there and actually listen to the Director talk about the music and the inspiration behind it, and even hear a small clip from a music piece they apparently will be playing this year . This would give a Drum Corps fan more than probably many DCP's would be expected to know re the music and the inspiration behind the music and so forth.

Nothing against DCP, as I would not be on here if I did not see it's broad value. But if I wanted to know about a Corps music selection and the inspiration behind it, and maybe hear a clip of it, I'd go to that Corps website first to get that info. But maybe that's just me. Now if the question was... " what do you THINK of the music ?" or " what do you THINK of the uniforms" ?, then by all means it seems to me that this is where DCP has the opportunity to provide it's most benefit and value with Drum Corps fans.

Edited by BRASSO

If you go to DCI's Fan Network BAC's Spring Fling is covered today. Toward the end of the clip you can hear part of "Moondance". Sounds great! Can't wait to see this show on the field.

Edited by BACMom

I listened to that Clip on Fan Network and it was cool.

They had the former Drum Major of the Crusaders being inducted into the Boston Crusaders Hall of Fame.

He apparently was Drum Major in 1958 or around that time.

Wow.... what tradition...... amazing resilience in this Corps

'Got a kick out of listening to all those Boston accents too on that clip.... haha

Yeah, I've listened to the closer about 50 times by now...WOW. Mean drum licks, brass is blasting it. That's part of the reason why I say the get top 5 this year!

I think Kingfishers Catch Fire is going to be my favorite. There's a lot of detail in that piece. Some sweet mello runs & soprano accents & melodies. The addition of the euphs this year gives their low brass some much needed meat. Their arrangement of Moondance/August Rhapsody is very similar to the movie. Burly Brawl is a kick-a** closer. The drill is fast & they've had a lot of it on the field since early this year.

It seems like BAC is better prepared & much farther ahead at the start of the season than they've been in the last few years. I like their chances of moving up a few places too.

... but then again, I'm hearing the same thing from other corps. Scores coming this weekend! Let's get this party started! :lol: