Thanks Jim ... hangin out with all the crazy people, I see .... :)

Hope to see a show soon ....

Yes. I'm in drum corps, right?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't see the show and was looking forward to more reviews...anyone got anything other than comments on the Cabs guard uniform and the requisite defensive reactions?? Seems as though the Bucs once again laid down the gauntlet. Was their performance as dominant as the score and recaps indicated? Please more REVIEWS....

Yes, the Bucs were impressive. IMO they would hold their own in a DCI world class competition.

Ditto for the Cabs :tongue:

yeah ... drum corps ... yep ... that's it ....

:tongue:

Love ya, Lisa!!!

the guy in the uniform is a guy named dennis...he lives in my town of wayne nj...he also works at tbowl bowling lanes in wayne...and...he wears corps uniforms to work....the guy is a nut job...we call him freak show there...but he does have multiple personality disorder ...so dennis is one personality he has...i forgot his other personalities name....this is not a joke im being completly serious
Somebody should give that man a horn...sounds like he would fit right in!! Is one of his personalites Maynard?

Didn't see the show and was looking forward to more reviews...anyone got anything other than comments on the Cabs guard uniform and the requisite defensive reactions?? Seems as though the Bucs once again laid down the gauntlet. Was their performance as dominant as the score and recaps indicated? Please more REVIEWS....

Here's my take on the top three...........Bush, Bucs and Cabs. I saw all three at rehearsals and the contest. I'm not a guard connissouer so I'll leave them for someone else.

Bushwackers are quite a bit smaller than the last few years. Their show seems to be built around a larger corps and I hope they can fill the empty spots soon. The 'book' is quite difficult and at times the lack of bodies hurt the sound as folks ran out of gas. I did see and hear some very nice spots that should be very impressive once they are beefed up and nailed technically. Drum line was good but I didn't notice any spectacular moments to catch my attention. No predictions, but IMO Bush is going to have to work very hard to maintain last year's standing. Certainly filling out the line will help immensely.

Bucs are back with the same great start as last year. The show is really well designed and the music very well executed for June. I recall seeing them at the same show last year and figured they were ten points ahead of everyone else at that point. I got the same feeling this year. The show was not quite as good as I heard it during rehearsal earlier in the day. I suspect the wind (again distorting sound) contributed to some minor 'tears', but also admit that the 'tears' may just have been the way the audience was hearing the sound come across. Drill still needs some work of course, but it was done very well for this time of year. Drum line moved very well and laid down a good job. Impacts were good and drum solo well done. Hornline's Pachabel impact was fabulous as was the Ode to Joy closer. I thought Nessum Dorma lacked something in the contest, not as good as rehearsal. Bucs are again the corps to beat this year (so far).

Cabs. After watching some of the rehearsals on Friday night and part of Saturday, I was concerned that Cabs might be slipping a little this year. But, by showtime they had gained a few bodies and put it together for a respectable early season performance. There were a few bumps and the drill showed itself to be really new to the folks putting it on the field but the hornline and drumline both put down some good moments. I thought the lead sops might be a little weak but that also might have been due to the first real combination of drill to music and some uncertainty. Cabs will work as hard as they usually do and rest assured they will be fighting to catch up to Bucs as fast as possible. It was a nice package of horns, drums & drill (except for the wheel someone else mentioned in this thread). OK I lied. I can't ignore the guard. The uniforms definitely distracted form the corps' overall performance and that's all I'll say about it.