Dublin Irish Pub

Small talk.

5 of us drove to the Toledo show from Morgantown, PA this weekend. We just got back tonight at 7pm. It was an awesome show.

We filled the tank 5 times during our trip at $75 a pop each time. ($375 in gas) yikes!!!

5 tanks of gas? it's only like 900 miles total! must have been a SUV =P

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We left Friday around 3pm and got there around 1am, stayed with the corps on the floor, got up and started sewing unis. Three of broke away for a quick mini vacation to this island called "Put In Bay" off of Port Clinton that was cool. We stayed there for about 4 hours before the show. Then we checked into a hotel saturday night.

I can't imagine how much fuel is costing these corps this summer. It is going to be so expensive for them.

Beats my 2 1/2 hour drive to Toledo yesterday and my 2 hour drive to Dublin today, even combined.

BUT I had to work both days so there! :tongue:

Small talk.

5 of us drove to the Toledo show from Morgantown, PA this weekend. We just got back tonight at 7pm. It was an awesome show.

We filled the tank 5 times during our trip at $75 a pop each time. ($375 in gas) yikes!!!

Geez, that's brutal. I'm so sorry!

Hopefully as people's current cars get older and finally need replacing, hybrids will become more popular. My family owns one and given gas prices, it has practically already paid for itself with how much gas it saves. Chicago to Madison costs maybe 3/8 of a tank, where a tank is about 14 gallons. Not bad for a pretty large car.

Oh man, wouldn't it be cool if they would make drum corps buses hybrids??? We could probably resurrect some corps! :D

We left Friday around 3pm and got there around 1am, stayed with the corps on the floor, got up and started sewing unis. Three of broke away for a quick mini vacation to this island called "Put In Bay" off of Port Clinton that was cool. We stayed there for about 4 hours before the show. Then we checked into a hotel saturday night.

I can't imagine how much fuel is costing these corps this summer. It is going to be so expensive for them.

Glassmen used to host a show in Port Clinton. In fact, anybody march that show in '96? Remember....

THE MAYFLIES!!!!!!

That HAS to include a stop for the night, right?

Then again, I have driven lengthwise through PA. That state just never stops.

Uh...not to be contrary or anything, just tryin' to keep the conversation lively--but it took me longer to drive through Texas (8 hours) than it did to go from El Paso to Phoeniz, AZ. And I started in the middle of Texas.

I'll have what he's having.

Make that three, barkeep.

Glassmen used to host a show in Port Clinton. In fact, anybody march that show in '96? Remember....

THE MAYFLIES!!!!!!

Ugh. I wasn't there in '96, but I promise. That year wasn't anything out of the ordinary.

Glassmen coming on the field now.

Four words: Pee-Wee's Big Adventure!!!

If you know the show rep, you'll get what I'm saying.