• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Laura...

----

I do find it kinda funny, and kinda appropriate that so many other corps have their "Official So-And-So Rah-Rah Thread" here on the forums, and Blue Knights has a deep, self-critical, 7-page thesis on trying to find themselves...

...that's about all you need to know! :)

Does the never-ending quest for self actualization include grammar? :tongue:

I go take a nap and feel like I've just about missed everything on this thread!

I agree with all the people who have said something along the lines of, BK can "conform" to a degree to gain more fans, without sacrificing their identity. Identity is MORE than a prep step (that wasn't even an every-time sort of thing until 02, was it?)

I felt some kind of magic watching BK 99, basically THE drum corps show that convinced me to march way back when. For years, the only drum corps video I even owned (probably until about... thanksgiving 04) was a VHS cassette tape of BK 99's Semi's performance. To me, I feel as though that kind of magic I felt has disappeared this decade... Don't know what it is exactly, but I know it has NOTHING to do with choreography, prep steps or whatever. (If I remember right, 00 had that magic to it too, but I've only seen it a couple of times)

I'll figure it out sometime today, maybe...

I have to say, I don't think BK should conform to anything. I like the shows they put out every year. I think they use great music, and have some cool drill. Even the top corps have used some unusual guardwork, or dance movements, or something unusual in their show(Cavies 94 comes mind)

So what if the judges don't score it with a 90? I can't wait to see their show in Dubuque on Thursday night, and in Madison on Saturday. I am disappointed they aren't in Bloominton on Friday.

As far as members leaving and going to other corps, I bet they don't experience that anywhere near the level of Pioneer, Blue Stars, Colts, and many other corps. As alot of people on here have discussed, if all the members that started in one corps to gain experience, stayed in that corps instead of leaving for a higher placing corps, all of the corps would be alot closer to the same level.

Anyway, I would almost bet that I am once again going to love the Blue Knights this year.

Thanks Laura...

----

I do find it kinda funny, and kinda appropriate that so many other corps have their "Official So-And-So Rah-Rah Thread" here on the forums, and Blue Knights has a deep, self-critical, 7-page thesis on trying to find themselves...

...that's about all you need to know! :)

If this thread had a proverbial Last Word, that would be it! :tongue: