Souther Star Cup X

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another update.... 8:30 .... well a tad behind now <catches breath>.... Baton Rouge Thunder just finished to standing O...which there have been crowds up and down all day and night, record crowd tonight.... 13,824 paid. Revelation is up next so were about 15 minutes delayed...not bad considering we had a decent shower during Portal's opening movements. We took a 20 minute break for the rain and allowed them to reset. We've got most of the corps feed now with 2 left to go. Thanks again to Outback. Homestretch now with last 6 corps. Really looking forward to the retreat and CUP presentations. Been a great show thanks to the dedication of these kids and seeing their support in the stands for all the corps.

Another update.... 8:30 .... well a tad behind now <catches breath>.... Baton Rouge Thunder just finished to standing O...which there have been crowds up and down all day and night, record crowd tonight.... 13,824 paid. Revelation is up next so were about 15 minutes delayed...not bad considering we had a decent shower during Portal's opening movements. We took a 20 minute break for the rain and allowed them to reset. We've got most of the corps feed now with 2 left to go. Thanks again to Outback. Homestretch now with last 6 corps. Really looking forward to the retreat and CUP presentations. Been a great show thanks to the dedication of these kids and seeing their support in the stands for all the corps.

Well I guess Shadow is stepping off in a couple minutes...let's go get 'em now.

I have to say its a great pleasure to be here live at the show tonight not as a competitor or as a reporter for DCPI Times but JUST pure pleasure to see what a great job all these kids do--especially to my fellow hall of famer Mitch and Star ORG! Great job!

Yea held up at the gate... :hehe: ...were good now. Good luck! You guys were smokin last night in Valdosta.

Well we feel great about the show tonight. Hopefully the judges loved it.

Thanks to StarOrg for putting on a great show, and especially thank you to Outback for the great dinner! :lookaround:

Update...10:15..... Gary...glad your here and the whole DCPI Times writing staff. What a show..couldn't have gone better. I don't know how but somehow we got all 34 competing corps on the field for the retreat. AND...just finished playing "America the Beautiful" with the wind tonight could be heard in Miami...ok maybe not. Whew..was that loud. The crowd grows silent as Dan Potter is here tonight to announce the scores. He asks for another applause for all the corps....man what a scene here with the field covered in corps members. And now we get to it....."In Division 3 with a score of......................."

Woops there goes the power. We could be here a long time folks...long time :hehe:

Edited by StarOrg

Yeah, and I'll go ahead and lay down money on 12:01 as the exact time that the gold medalist is announced. :hehe:

Update...10:15..... Gary...glad your here and the whole DCPI Times writing staff. What a show..couldn't have gone better. I don't know how but somehow we got all 34 competing corps on the field for the retreat. AND...just finished playing "America the Beautiful" with the wind tonight could be heard in Miami...ok maybe not. Whew..was that loud. The crowd grows silent as Dan Potter is here tonight to announce the scores. He asks for another applause for all the corps....man what a scene here with the field covered in corps members. And now we get to it....."In Division 3 with a score of......................."

Woops there goes the power. We could be here a long time folks...long time :hehe:

:lookaround:

I think we all saw that one coming. Maybe the judges will sleep on it and be more generous in the morning. :lookaround: