VK Honk!

Here's a comment from Courtney's journal from Phantom Regiment website ....

SHOUT-OUT: While we were eating dinner, the Velvet Knights warmed up RIGHT NEXT TO US. They arced it up facing us, and pretty much gave us a concert. It was pretty awesome to hear a loud hornline performing like they were. It was definitely a hype as we were getting ready for our show. So a big old shout out to VK!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a comment from Courtney's journal from Phantom Regiment website ....

SHOUT-OUT: While we were eating dinner, the Velvet Knights warmed up RIGHT NEXT TO US. They arced it up facing us, and pretty much gave us a concert. It was pretty awesome to hear a loud hornline performing like they were. It was definitely a hype as we were getting ready for our show. So a big old shout out to VK!

2Cool!

AND from what I heard it was a great hype for the members of VK to be there with Phantom as well.

IF you're near Seaside tomorrow be sure to go to the Independence Day Parade and cheer on VK.

I got pictures of the shoes and the kids at Vista last night!!!!!

http://picasaweb.google.com/kberia

Thanks! I got the shoes too, notice the Avitar update. You also got some great photo's of my son, (STL/hint). It makes sitting home a little more bareable. Thanks for all the photos! I hope to see you in Indy.

Who is your son? I will try to get some good pics of him in Idaho. We are unfortunately not able to go to finals :thumbup: . It will be the first time since Meg started marching in '05 that we won't be going. I'm pretty bummed. But we will be going to Idaho and West Covina. I'm hoping to be able to watch finals on the computer. Does anyone know if DCI broadcasts Open class finals?

Who is your son? I will try to get some good pics of him in Idaho. We are unfortunately not able to go to finals :thumbup: . It will be the first time since Meg started marching in '05 that we won't be going. I'm pretty bummed. But we will be going to Idaho and West Covina. I'm hoping to be able to watch finals on the computer. Does anyone know if DCI broadcasts Open class finals?

You can buy a pay-per-view broadcast to watch VK at Semifinals

August 8 Bloomington, IN - Open Class Semifinals. That's the only show that they have listed that VK is in.

DCI World Championships Open Class Semifinals

This Webcast will be shown in high-camera format. $14.95

DCI Fan Network

You can buy a pay-per-view broadcast to watch VK at Semifinals

August 8 Bloomington, IN - Open Class Semifinals. That's the only show that they have listed that VK is in.

DCI World Championships Open Class Semifinals

This Webcast will be shown in high-camera format. $14.95

DCI Fan Network

Hopefully it will work this year

They are a great hornline for their size. Their guard is small, but that'll change - especially as LA kids make it into the stands to see this show. They totally sell the show, and do so without compromising performance quality. Their entrance and dance are klassic!

I believe they have always added to the activity not just for the fans, but they attracted a different kind of membership that might have sat home. Exposing new people to the activity is crucial.

I had the pleasure of meeting and talking with some of VK's staff in critque over the past several nights. What a great bunch of people...I hope to cross paths again in the midwest!

At Nats, of course! :tongue: