Kingston Grenadiers Dress Rehearsal Pictures

THEY'RE BACK!!!

Hands down this was one of the best dress rehearsals I have seen Grenadiers do. Sure, I marched the corps 1997-2003, took 2004 and marched again in 2005, some might think I'm biased, but ####! Mark me impressed!

What a sight for sore eyes to see the yellow, black and red back on the field again. The corps is similar in size to the 2005 corps that was a mere 1.65 out of making finals. Same size brass, one less snare and tenor, same size guard I do believe, and the pit is roughly the same size too. There were a few people that had other commitments. 3rd bass was at rehearsal but extremely ill. I do hope he feels better soon. You're a trooper Kevin!

The corps starts out with a staple in the drum corps community. Malaga. The arrangement is very different than the 2001 version they did previous. In fact, I think it is about 110% better in every way. Next they go into a BEAUTIFUL arrangement of One Hand, One Heart complete with a nice tag ending of Maria. One thing remains constant throughout the show. A "heartbeat" on the concert bass drum. VERY COOL effect. The design team means business this year!

The final tune, which was a popular one in 1996 and 2000 Grenadiers programs was Echano. It opens up with a percussion statement into a nice big impact. This song features some nice solo work on mello, with some tasty writing by Scott Atkins in the battery. They are laying a nice mellow groove underneath the brass, creating a nice texture. The drum solo, well...I'm not going to say much. What a great drum solo, a lot of people are going to throw babies! Think 2000 and 2001, but about 110% better. Don't think it's possible? It is! As for the secret, you'll have to see Grenadiers. The song finishes high and mighty like previous years Grenadiers played Echano.

Anyway, I got permission from the corps to post some images.

WELCOME BACK GRENADIERS!!

Click on the image to watch a slideshow

th_IMG_0001.jpg

Click on link to view folder of images.

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e144/69E...nme/Grenadiers/

Edited by TenorsForWorldDomination

THEY'RE BACK!!!

Hands down this was one of the best dress rehearsals I have seen Grenadiers do. Sure, I marched the corps 1997-2003, took 2004 and marched again in 2005, some might think I'm biased, but ####! Mark me impressed!

What a sight for sore eyes to see the yellow, black and red back on the field again. The corps is similar in size to the 2005 corps that was a mere 1.65 out of making finals. Same size brass, one less snare and tenor, same size guard I do believe, and the pit is roughly the same size too. There were a few people that had other commitments. 3rd bass was at rehearsal but extremely ill. I do hope he feels better soon. You're a trooper Kevin!

The corps starts out with a staple in the drum corps community. Malaga. The arrangement is very different than the 2001 version they did previous. In fact, I think it is about 110% better in every way. Next they go into a BEAUTIFUL arrangement of One Hand, One Heart complete with a nice tag ending of Maria. One thing remains constant throughout the show. A "heartbeat" on the concert bass drum. VERY COOL effect. The design team means business this year!

The final tune, which was a popular one in 1996 and 2000 Grenadiers programs was Echano. It opens up with a percussion statement into a nice big impact. This song features some nice solo work on mello, with some tasty writing by Scott Atkins in the battery. They are laying a nice mellow groove underneath the brass, creating a nice texture. The drum solo, well...I'm not going to say much. What a great drum solo, a lot of people are going to throw babies! Think 2000 and 2001, but about 110% better. Don't think it's possible? It is! As for the secret, you'll have to see Grenadiers. The song finishes high and mighty like previous years Grenadiers played Echano.

Anyway, I got permission from the corps to post some images.

WELCOME BACK GRENADIERS!!

Click on the image to watch a slideshow

th_IMG_0001.jpg

Click on link to view folder of images.

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e144/69E...nme/Grenadiers/

How right you are Adam, the corps was just smokin today, couldn't be prouder as an alumnus

Doug Smith

####! I can't get potobucket here at work because of the ####### #### ### filters.

I'll check it out at home.

Good luck Grennies!

I can e-mail you the pictures in a zip or rar file if you wish.

It's OK - I'll see them at home. Incentive to get my butt out the door a little earlier (like I need a reason for wanting to leave work???)

Thanks though.

Awesome! Go Get Em Grennies!! :rolleyes:

Good to see you guys back on the field, best of luck this season.