Carolina Crown Show

this thread is freaking hilarious.

the funniest part, for me, was the way txmystreaux (or however you spell that) popped into a thread about crown, in the middle of a discussion about how much people love crown, took a dump all over phantom AGAIN, and then disappeared.

dcp is too funny sometimes. thanks for the laughs guys.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHOA A NEGATIVE OPINION ABOUT CROWN EVERYONE FREAK OUT HE MUST BE THE DEVIL!!!

The opinion was more a reflection on the poster...not on Crown kids...enough said and not worthy of more comment than that. The more amazing thing about Crown members is that the kids are mostly "home grown", for example most of their lead trumpet section are vets. Crown doesn't get the "ring chasers" and so the fact that they can compete at a pretty high level speaks to not only the kids, but to the staff and administration. They get these kids to come back for the right reasons. These kids are very loyal to the corps and to each other. It is a pretty special group. If they can't seem to get through to the judging community, at least they get through to the majority of the fans. That seems to be enough of a reward for them most of the time.

Some people may act different when not around the rest of the corps, but I do have to admit they can keep the members they have, only if others could do that...

Agreed, just saying cause I met crown people.

I think it's a good show, but nothing great...I have loved Crown in recent years, but this show is just a greatest hits...which is fine. I just believe that in this day of drum corps more has to be brought to the table. Everyone else is incorporating story and an overall experience that I feel Carolina Crown isn't bringing. Seriously, have you seen Phantom's show or almost anyone else's for that matter. I felt they had it down last year. It's as if they took a step forward to only take a step back. But I gotta say I still love that brass sound, even though the visuals are slightly lacking.

this thread is freaking hilarious.

the funniest part, for me, was the way txmystreaux (or however you spell that) popped into a thread about crown, in the middle of a discussion about how much people love crown, took a dump all over phantom AGAIN, and then disappeared.

dcp is too funny sometimes. thanks for the laughs guys.

You're funny.

I fail to see how pointing out the obvious (DCP loves Phantom as a general rule) equates to me speaking negatively about Phantom.

Reading comprehension. Check into it.

Now that I have the APDs and can listen with quality headphones...

...this show is officially better than 2007.

I agree. Musically, I like this show much better than 2007.

I've got to see it live before I can really judge the show. Based on what I've seen online vs. this time last year, Triple Crown was better. It had more depth, it had more hooks... although I can't wait to feel Crown's hornline finish the show. I just don't think that the visual design is as strong as last summer.